Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did it refuse take a passenger to their destination. the ride would taken about an hour bring me an hour away from the house.... I need to be home by a certain time. Sorry its called ride share you taking me to far out of the area...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did my 1st refusal couple weeks ago. Bartender gives me heads up...oh great btender speak for wow could these people put away the shots...next a "friend" sends a crisp $50 in the window...oh great here comes walking wounded #1. She is being carried under each arm like dragging a shot vet on the battlefield. The feet ain't movin...they are being dragged. Door somehow magically opens and before they can Drop her in, i close that freakin door and explain to them that this miss, that cant wait to vomit 1/2 block down the street ain't getting in my ride. Slid $50 back to friend, and onto my next pax. With 1st puker, lessen learned, 2nd almost at end waking up, pulled out quickly, third, not a chance, friends can have that privilege...or the next Newbie uber rookie.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did my 1st refusal couple weeks ago. Bartender gives me heads up...oh great btender speak for wow could these people put away the shots...next a "friend" sends a crisp $50 in the window...oh great here comes walking wounded #1. She is being carried under each arm like dragging a shot vet on the battlefield. The feet ain't movin...they are being dragged. Door somehow magically opens and before they can Drop her in, i close that freakin door and explain to them that this miss, that cant wait to vomit 1/2 block down the street ain't getting in my ride. Slid $50 back to friend, and onto my next pax. With 1st puker, lessen learned, 2nd almost at end waking up, pulled out quickly, third, not a chance, friends can have that privilege...or the next Newbie uber rookie.
I don't know what time of the night your ride took place but when I work weekends, I quit around 1:45 AM. Been lucky so far & haven't had any super drunks attempt to ride with me. Hope to keep it that way. I don't care if there is a 9x surge going on, they're not getting in my car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is exactly why I only drive from noon to dusk: BEFORE anybody gets drunk!

OK, well, I'll take "a little bit" of blame for taking these pax TO the bar in the first place!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
This is exactly why I only drive from noon to dusk: BEFORE anybody gets drunk!

OK, well, I'll take "a little bit" of blame for taking these pax TO the bar in the first place!
Ha. But I've had more than a few rides where pax went to lunch or men's club & stayed at the bar for many hours getting wasted b4 heading back to hotel at 6pm. Or the pax that got fired for showing up to work as a chef drunk, picked him up in afternoon where he yelled to pull over enroute. Luckily he opened the door!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet you would've taken it if the mileage rate was $1.48 like it was in 2014
Nope my kids had something to do..... Drunks are fun I have bags in the back thankfully I've never had a Puker.... Left three girls sitting on the ground after I drop off. One guy pass out in the yard

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dont do the drunk run. Im done no later than 12.
I bounced for many years and ive had my fill of drunkies. Ill let you guys have them

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I don't know what time of the night your ride took place but when I work weekends, I quit around 1:45 AM. Been lucky so far & haven't had any super drunks attempt to ride with me. Hope to keep it that way. I don't care if there is a 9x surge going on, they're not getting in my car.
If you wait 15 more minutes you have the potential for surge pricing.

1:00am drunks needing to be picked up are usually the super drunk ones that get kicked out.

I take my lunch break at 1am.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I am well into my 3rd or 4th dream by 1:00 am. I am not a pro driver and I want to leave all those high dollar hours (minutes) for you. You certainly deserve them.

Reactions: Sgt_PaxHauler
1 - 14 of 14 Posts