Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a few drivers trying to hit their referral bonus. This particular one procrastinated a bit and is trying to knock out her last 39 rides.
Now the expiration says July 3rd but it says 2 days. Does she have until Sunday 11:59pm or does she need to complete by saturday?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I would ask your referral to contact support and ask them to tell her what the referral expiration date/time is.

My referral was first told she did not complete her rides within the timeline, even though she had. Whem she pushed back they agreed with her and paid out the referral bonus.

FYI when I asked Lyft about my friend's expiration date, they cited privacy concerns and refused to tell me anything, even though she was on my referral dashboard. But they did reach out to my referral, and my friend forwarded the email they sent to her:

Chelsea (Lyft)

Apr 21, 11:27 AM

Hi Hillary,

Hope this email finds you well. Your friend, Donald reached out to us in regards to your referral.

We've looked into this for you and wanted to inform you that if you complete 50 rides on May, 5th 2016, you and your friend will be eligible for a $500 bonus.

Please reach out when you have completed your 50 rides due to this being a manual process.
She completed 51 rides by 1030pm on May 5th, 2016. They initially told her she missed the expiration date. FYI her info was never updated on my referral dashboard (your screenshot), which is a whole other issue for this particular referral, and why Lyft support said it would be a "manual" process. Your screenshot means it is probably gonna happen automatically, but by contacting Lyft and asking them about it, you'll have something to show as proof besides the screenshot, should proof be needed.

Also, she gave me 2 rides, and another friend also 2 rides, so the 2-ride per passenger limit seems to be accurate, but is always good idea to have a couple extra rides over the 50..

Jay

One last thing, the important part of Lyft's response was when they said, "*on* May 5, 2016". Prior to that, I would have been nervous not knowing if the referral expiration date would be interpreted as "before mm/dd/2016", which is the same reason you posted, I believe.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent an email to support but no reply. Guess we will see when I checked her status this morning it still said 2 days but now says 1 day she's at 26 rides. So 24 in a day is tough I've done it a few times but 2 days 24 rides is a cakewalk. Hoping she gets it done she'll be my first referral not to make it. Most of them get it done within 10 days

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Keep bugging support until you get a response. I had to ask 2 or 3 times before they replied.

And they may not reply directly to you, about her account.. make sure she is watching her inbox, even if you contacted support.

Be good motivation to not slow down or give up for your referral to know for certain they have til end of Sunday...

I sent an email to support but no reply. Guess we will see when I checked her status this morning it still said 2 days but now says 1 day she's at 26 rides. So 24 in a day is tough I've done it a few times but 2 days 24 rides is a cakewalk. Hoping she gets it done she'll be my first referral not to make it. Most of them get it done within 10 days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts