Uber Drivers Forum banner

Why uber is such a great company?

• They have initiative. Starting smear campaigns takes alot of spunk.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • They have a solid understanding of Irony. Charging a safe rider feel, while ignoring rider saftey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They love a good game. False surge is so much fun to chase

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • They are Fair. They care equally about Riders, and Drivers. They Equally divide 0 cares!

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy I referred my mother to drive when Uber said it would be $500 But now that I am looking it says $100 for her. We think this may have to do with the city? But this was not explained anywhere readily apparent.

Also can we change her city so that she can get the $500 that was originally promised?

Shady Uber :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
They change the bonuses and it does vary with each market. it probably was $500, at the time. Make sure you don't use the same credit card, same address, certain similar intel will get you in trouble and toss the bonus altogether. They are shady and sketchy. Make sure you get TNC Gap insurance in PA.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
This is new insurance as each state is regulating this business. You are not covered under your insurance. You are relying on theirs and it doesn't cover everything or what you assume they cover. It's not in every state, some states only have one provider and you would need to switch your insurance to theirs and add this insurance so you are as covered as you would going to the movies with friends. Search on here and Google it and never call your insurance about it, they will will toss you.

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
:eek:.. What... What on earth is TNC Gap insurance? :confused:
The "gap" is phase 1. Your insurance covers you when you're in phase 0 (not using the app.) Uber's insurance kicks in in phase 2 (when you get the request and are en route to the passenger) and phase 3 (from the time the rider enters your vehicle to the time he exits.) During phase 1 (the time you have the app on but have not received a request) you aren't covered by either your own insurance or by Uber. Some states have mandated that ride share companies cover this gap. But in most states, you need to pick up ride share insurance from your personal insurer to have coverage.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The "gap" is phase 1. Your insurance covers you when you're in phase 0 (not using the app.) Uber's insurance kicks in in phase 2 (when you get the request and are en route to the passenger) and phase 3 (from the time the rider enters your vehicle to the time he exits.) During phase 1 (the time you have the app on but have not received a request) you aren't covered by either your own insurance or by Uber. Some states have mandated that ride share companies cover this gap. But in most states, you need to pick up ride share insurance from your personal insurer to have coverage.

So it looks like some TNC Gap insurance coverage is better than others. Some cover the minimum and most I think cover you by matching the insurance you already have. They have a $1K deductible if you crash your car, with TNC it would be your policy most likely $500. With their coverage they do not offer you medical, with TNC you have the same medical you already have. It isn't really an option to get the TNC Gap, if you're driving in a state that has new regulation and that offers this optional insurance as the insurance company will deny the claim and you'll be screwed since you didn't sign up, for the optional insurance. Never ask your insurance company as they are more likely to cancel you. Go check here or Google it to see if they offer it. Otherwise, like I say you are really most likely screwed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What did your mom do to you that you hate her so? I would not recommend uber to my worst enemy. The pay is so low she will wind up losing money in the long run. Uber lies to its drivers all the time. They change the payouts without warning hoping most people will not notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.