Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great run the other day and on the way home and I still had my app on and got a ping so I said why not and accepted , It was off Isom Rd which I was passing off 281 and took the exit to the destination. I arrived and see some dudes outside smoking blunts and giving me hard looks cause I stopped right in front of them where my GPS led me , I called the request whos name said Armani , he answered and said he was on his way down stairs . I waited like 3 minutes and one of the dudes outside asked who I was waiting for , after I told them I was uber they left me alone and I see this 6 foot tall gangster looking dude with a hoodie over his face walking towards my car , I couldnt even see his facial features, I rolled my window down and asked for a name , he said Armani and I very hesitantly unlocked my car .
Once he got in my car he said he needed to go to the store for Armani who was upstairs in a room , so this rough looking dude wasnt even the guy who pinged me , I got very uneasy . He tries to turn on a smoke in my car and rolls down the window , i had told him there was no smoking in my car and he got a little upset telling me " Man , cmon ,,,, what kind of service is this. I was not going to argue so i pulled into the first convenience store I could find, thankfully i got to the store before he could light the cigarette because we sort of mildly argued about no smoking for like three blocks. He went in grabbed what he needed and came out and had me wait while he smoked his cigarette outside my car , I was going to cancel and leave his ass there for fear of my life , but some guy at the gas pump blocked me in so i couldnt back out. I took him back to the hotel and hes says for me to hold up , he is telling his crew to come on down cause he was with uber in the car. i was like great what now ...... After a brief 3 minute argument with his crew on the phone he says hes done and gets off my car before telling me " You can go , but I wasnt getting a tip becuase i would not let him smoke in my car. I was just glad to be out of there and i have a very new nice smelling car , so no tip would be worth that stench , was just glas to be rid of him .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow that is one freaking situation. You are very lucky you did not get hurt or worse kill. I always say trust your gut. I only drive on New Braunfels but at times drive to San Antonio airport. I usually just drop off passenger and head back home. But there been a couple of times where I did accept a ping in San Antonio. Both times I was sent to a place that looks like a crack house. As soon I got to the area I said No freaking way. Cancel the ride and drive back home. I will never accept any pings in San Antonio. Rather lose a couple of dollars then my maybe my health or life.

·
Registered
65 Posts
you seriously cant be worried for your life??

I will admit that red roof inn at night time is one scary looking place with roads that lead to nowhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I go to the Red Roof Inn all the time. It's right down the road from where I live. Occasionally I get a ping from my house when I turn on the app walking out the door lol. It's normally a safe area, but if you don't like what you see, trust your gut and cancel the ride and go. But I've picked up some nice people there--some who obviously live there are are going to or coming from work (one works downtown as a desk clerk) and some others to the airport.

·
Premium Member
63,036 Posts
I had a great run the other day and on the way home and I still had my app on and got a ping so I said why not and accepted , It was off Isom Rd which I was passing off 281 and took the exit to the destination. I arrived and see some dudes outside smoking blunts and giving me hard looks cause I stopped right in front of them where my GPS led me , I called the request whos name said Armani , he answered and said he was on his way down stairs . I waited like 3 minutes and one of the dudes outside asked who I was waiting for , after I told them I was uber they left me alone and I see this 6 foot tall gangster looking dude with a hoodie over his face walking towards my car , I couldnt even see his facial features, I rolled my window down and asked for a name , he said Armani and I very hesitantly unlocked my car .
Once he got in my car he said he needed to go to the store for Armani who was upstairs in a room , so this rough looking dude wasnt even the guy who pinged me , I got very uneasy . He tries to turn on a smoke in my car and rolls down the window , i had told him there was no smoking in my car and he got a little upset telling me " Man , cmon ,,,, what kind of service is this. I was not going to argue so i pulled into the first convenience store I could find, thankfully i got to the store before he could light the cigarette because we sort of mildly argued about no smoking for like three blocks. He went in grabbed what he needed and came out and had me wait while he smoked his cigarette outside my car , I was going to cancel and leave his ass there for fear of my life , but some guy at the gas pump blocked me in so i couldnt back out. I took him back to the hotel and hes says for me to hold up , he is telling his crew to come on down cause he was with uber in the car. i was like great what now ...... After a brief 3 minute argument with his crew on the phone he says hes done and gets off my car before telling me " You can go , but I wasnt getting a tip becuase i would not let him smoke in my car. I was just glad to be out of there and i have a very new nice smelling car , so no tip would be worth that stench , was just glas to be rid of him .
Awwww . . . his crew wouldn't come down and carjack you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts