Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a red light ticket at flower and Venice. Almost finish a turn and the car in front stop for a second and the camera took a picture. Now I got a run red light signal ticket. What do I do? Help.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Got a red light ticket at flower and Venice. Almost finish a turn and the car in front stop for a second and the camera took a picture. Now I got a run red light signal ticket. What do I do? Help.
Do nothing. Do not respond to the notice, don't go to court, don't notify your third cousin. Anything comes in the mail, throw it out and you'll be fine

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do nothing. Do not respond to the notice, don't go to court, don't notify your third cousin. Anything comes in the mail, throw it out and you'll be fine
Thanks duck! Will that go in the record and later I have to pay more?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't answer the mail about it.
don't go online and look at it.
don't phone any number on the notice.

it never happened.
Thinking of doing that also, want to see if anyone do it recently and what happen. I was picking up a guy live next to it and he say he gotta one and they never mail them anything.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
They view the video it took of you also, all comes down to the circumstances, why the driver stopped in front of you, did you make a full stop then turn, blah blah. I thought I got one also, lights flashed and all when I didn't make a full stop, but nothing ever came in the mail.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
You people don't seem to understand that If he/she does get a ticket and doesn't pay it off, the DMV will have it in their records when he/she tries to renew her registration, hence she will not get it until she pays the amount.

Friend lives in Beverly Hills who's lights are still active and just got a major upgrade in new lights/cameras and he ended up paying at the DMV because they wouldn't release his reg unless he did so, some cities still do enforce it, even if majority of LA doesn't anymore.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
You people don't seem to understand that If he/she does get a ticket and doesn't pay it off, the DMV will have it in their records when he/she tries to renew her registration, hence she will not get it until she pays the amount.

Friend lives in Beverly Hills who's lights are still active and just got a major upgrade in new lights/cameras and he ended up paying at the DMV because they wouldn't release his reg unless he did so, some cities still do enforce it, even if majority of LA doesn't anymore.
Just registered my car two months ago. Had an issue with the registration that required 3 trips to DMV. The red light ticket was never mentioned

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They view the video it took of you also, all comes down to the circumstances, why the driver stopped in front of you, did you make a full stop then turn, blah blah. I thought I got one also, lights flashed and all when I didn't make a full stop, but nothing ever came in the mail.
It's was traffic and camera flash when I almost finsh the turn

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
It's was traffic and camera flash when I almost finish the turn
Like I said it's about the circumstances, what the driver in front did/why did he stop and if you made a full complete stop and then turned while the light was yellow or green, but those camera guys view the video and pictures very thoroughly and send you the pics and allow you to view the video on a website after you get the ticket, which I doubt you will get, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like I said it's about the circumstances, what the driver in front did/why did he stop and if you made a full complete stop and then turned while the light was yellow or green, but those camera guys view the video and pictures very thoroughly and send you the pics and allow you to view the video on a website after you get the ticket, which I doubt you will get, don't worry about it.
Got the picture on the mail.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
They should of sent you a link to a video online also, if not then contact the ticket number if it has one and tell them where you can see the video evidence, if they say they don't have it then toss that crap away, either it's a fake ticket (scams happen) or you were in a zone in LA that doesn't require you to pay anymore like the others have said.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Check out this thread. Hopefully Optimus Uber can update us soon so we get an idea of what really happens.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/red-light-camera-ticket.82059/
I goto court on Wednesday at 1:30pm. I'll let you know the outcome. The reason I responded to the ticket was because I got a summons from the court with a case #. Seemed more official than junk mail from the city of culver city.

We should put together a red light camera mafia. Go around with high powered rifles and blow those cameras into little pieces. Maybe they'll stop using them when they consider they have to replace them daily and it costs them more to maintain than the money they're generating from them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts