Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a spot that they refuse to pickup passengers? I never thought I'd get to this point, but I am never picking up at Gotham ever again. If I see 16 Broad Street in my app again, totally ignoring.

Anyone else have a "no go" spot? Curious. & being serious here. Thx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The valet guy at Gotham really needs to chill out. The 3 or 4 times I've picked right in front he's come over to my car knocking on my window telling me to move. One time he did as the passenger was getting into the car. Every time I tell him I'm picking someone up and it will only be a moment, and he says "I dont care, move." Each time there has not been anyone behind me waiting for him to park their car. The last time he told me he doesn't care, I giggled and said "OK princess" and I rolled up my window.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The valet guy at Gotham really needs to chill out. The 3 or 4 times I've picked right in front he's come over to my car knocking on my window telling me to move. One time he did as the passenger was getting into the car. Every time I tell him I'm picking someone up and it will only be a moment, and he says "I dont care, move." Each time there has not been anyone behind me waiting for him to park their car. The last time he told me he doesn't care, I giggled and said "OK princess" and I rolled up my window.
He wouldn't dare tell me to move. I pull in there all the time, drop off & pickup. I couldn't care less about these idiots. Last week I saw two of them selling coke from the valet stand. Let them tell me to move, I live in Red Bank too & won't have any problem calling the cops & letting them know of their little drug dealing operation.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have d heads from every bar. I don't ignore but I do suggest locking doors and use your best surveillance in who's getting in. It doesn't always work but I have stopped a few at the border.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have d heads from every bar. I don't ignore but I do suggest locking doors and use your best surveillance in who's getting in. It doesn't always work but I have stopped a few at the border.
I was stupid last night. Totally greedy. I got there & the valet had the pax phone (because she was too drunk to use it) and the friend was laying on the ground in the parking spot & had to be carried to car. I stupidly felt bad for these 2 "helpless" drunk girls. Never again.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I was stupid last night. Totally greedy. I got there & the valet had the pax phone (because she was too drunk to use it) and the friend was laying on the ground in the parking spot & had to be carried to car. I stupidly felt bad for these 2 "helpless" drunk girls. Never again.
Did they puke in your car?

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Thankfully no, but they were out of control & the valet put the wrong address in. It was a sh*tshow.
I totally would have taken the other side of that bet.

Every time I have ever pulled up to that place after 10 there's been someone stumbling around or doubled over vomiting within 30 feet of the front door. The valet is a class a JO too. Someone should narc on him.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I totally would have taken the other side of that bet.

Every time I have ever pulled up to that place after 10 there's been someone stumbling around or doubled over vomiting within 30 feet of the front door. The valet is a class a JO too. Someone should narc on him.
It was the one and only time I wished that I had a dashcam in my car.

·
Registered
825 Posts
He wouldn't dare tell me to move. I pull in there all the time, drop off & pickup. I couldn't care less about these idiots. Last week I saw two of them selling coke from the valet stand. Let them tell me to move, I live in Red Bank too & won't have any problem calling the cops & letting them know of their little drug dealing operation.
Now that you mentioned that I did see something going on there a few weeks ago on a Friday night. My thoughts at the time was the Valet was giving change to the car owner but, hey Ya Never Know.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have had more people complain about what a bad time they had there. It is a haven of D bags and the girls that love that type. Many rides go to Manalapan and Marlboro as they are starved for some place to go. That place is gasping for air and on life support. Lot of a hole riders from there for sure.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Anyone have a spot that they refuse to pickup passengers? I never thought I'd get to this point, but I am never picking up at Gotham ever again. If I see 16 Broad Street in my app again, totally ignoring.

Anyone else have a "no go" spot? Curious. & being serious here. Thx.
In all honesty, what are you even *****ing for. Take control of the situation. Contact your PAX, have them move to a corner, across the street, couple doors down, etc... Lay in wait from a distance that you can observe who is who, Get them where you want them, swoop in, grab and go.

What is so difficult to understand about this.?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
In all honesty, what are you even *****ing for. Take control of the situation. Contact your PAX, have them move to a corner, across the street, couple doors down, etc... Lay in wait from a distance that you can observe who is who, Get them where you want them, swoop in, grab and go.

Especially considering across the street there's parking and you can gauge them crossing the street

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

They were drunk. That was the point. Not that I don't know where to pickup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts