Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Finally a Negative Test ... Im Free :)

Took me 5 days to recover and 10 days to produce a negative test. Now for all those drivers here in Australia that haven't had covid hopefully this post will help you work through Covid for the first time.

View attachment 637643

View attachment 637644
That's great ,
Umm what to do Now, borders come down Sat ,influx of tourists Coast opening up , bugger .
The coast is supposed to be " full of it" do you risk it again.
Talk about the " devil and the deep blue sea " .
No doubt you'll have to give driving a lot of thought bugger . 馃 馃尦 馃殫

Premium Member
I believe within 4 weeks it'll just be open slather.

The pollies, and particularly the CMO, are all talking as though it's just pretty much "go for it"

They just haven't said it out loud yet.

The rules that were "non-negotiable" for nearly 2 years have been watered down extensively in less than 4 weeks.

They've painted themselves into a corner, it'll just be "have at it" shortly. If you get it then you get it and your vaccination should greatly lessen the impact of the virus on you.

Not vaccinated? Well, hope your choice works for you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's great ,
Umm what to do Now, borders come down Sat ,influx of tourists Coast opening up , bugger .
The coast is supposed to be " full of it" do you risk it again.
Talk about the " devil and the deep blue sea " .
No doubt you'll have to give driving a lot of thought bugger . 馃 馃尦 馃殫
Yes it is a tough decision what I will do. I have my MC Licence and have been thinking about helping out as truck drivers are needed right now. I am actually thinking about leaving Uber all togeather as Uber have been a morally disfunctional company for a long time. I do like the flexibilty aspect but it really does feel like im selling out by helping Uber do what they do. With the time I have had off I have actually not missed doing Uber. I might also just do heaps less Ubering or just have a break for a while. Either way having the time off when your crook you do evaluate wether Uber is worth doing any more. I think when more drivers get sick we will see alot of drivers changing there path away from Uber. It is not attractive to be at risk all the time every trip to getting Covid again. I am keen not to go through that again any time soon.

Premium Member
Yes it is a tough decision what I will do. I have my MC Licence and have been thinking about helping out as truck drivers are needed right now. I am actually thinking about leaving Uber all togeather as Uber have been a morally disfunctional company for a long time. I do like the flexibilty aspect but it really does feel like im selling out by helping Uber do what they do. With the time I have had off I have actually not missed doing Uber. I might also just do heaps less Ubering or just have a break for a while. Either way having the time off when your crook you do evaluate wether Uber is worth doing any more. I think when more drivers get sick we will see alot of drivers changing there path away from Uber. It is not attractive to be at risk all the time every trip to getting Covid again. I am keen not to go through that again any time soon.
i booked in yesterday to get my HR license because ive had it with Uber also. The poor earnings make Ubering unmotivating & degrading. Im look forward to a more noble profession in Truck Driving where i can tell people what i do a feel proud鈥

Premium Member
Hello Everyone, I have tested positive to Covid 19 from a PCR test and can tell you what it was like for me.

While driving around on Monday I noticed a small sniffle and thought I better call it a day. It started out really mild and couldn't tell. So over night I started to get a fever and thats when I knew something wasn't right. The next day I got tested and the fever was starting to kick in and my body literally ached everywhere. After the test on Tuesday morning I isolated and by then the fever was in full swing. The fever was intense and lasted for 3 days until it broke. You cant focus and your mind is hazy for lack of a better description as the fever with the aching body really made all the other symptoms feel not relavent (No Taste, lose of appetite, lost my voice, sinus congestion and occational coughing) and all the other symptoms faded away in comparison. If I had to rate it against having influenza I would say it is 2 - 3 times worse. Be warned it is not a mild flu ... far from it.

Today I recieved my PCR test result as positive via SMS and It told me to expect to be contacted by QLD Health As soon as possible for them. Needless to say I am not expecting a call from them for a while due to how long my test took (4 days).

The best advice I can give all is when you get it don't be shy with the pain relief. At the begining I had 2 panadols but they did nothing and after reading information of the covid website they said to have 2 paracetamol and 2 ibupurofen togeather and this actually helped take the edge of the pains and fever. Other than that it is a rough ride at first and I did get better slowly. Rest, Rest and more Rest but you will just do that cause you will be tired.

It is slow to recover from and it will take you a week at least to recover.

Take care all hopefully i'll be back to normal soon and hopefully it will be easier for you all.

Sounds like a flu on steroids 馃挭

21 - 25 of 25 Posts