Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone, I have tested positive to Covid 19 from a PCR test and can tell you what it was like for me.

While driving around on Monday I noticed a small sniffle and thought I better call it a day. It started out really mild and couldn't tell. So over night I started to get a fever and thats when I knew something wasn't right. The next day I got tested and the fever was starting to kick in and my body literally ached everywhere. After the test on Tuesday morning I isolated and by then the fever was in full swing. The fever was intense and lasted for 3 days until it broke. You cant focus and your mind is hazy for lack of a better description as the fever with the aching body really made all the other symptoms feel not relavent (No Taste, lose of appetite, lost my voice, sinus congestion and occational coughing) and all the other symptoms faded away in comparison. If I had to rate it against having influenza I would say it is 2 - 3 times worse. Be warned it is not a mild flu ... far from it.

Today I recieved my PCR test result as positive via SMS and It told me to expect to be contacted by QLD Health As soon as possible for them. Needless to say I am not expecting a call from them for a while due to how long my test took (4 days).

The best advice I can give all is when you get it don't be shy with the pain relief. At the begining I had 2 panadols but they did nothing and after reading information of the covid website they said to have 2 paracetamol and 2 ibupurofen togeather and this actually helped take the edge of the pains and fever. Other than that it is a rough ride at first and I did get better slowly. Rest, Rest and more Rest but you will just do that cause you will be tired.

It is slow to recover from and it will take you a week at least to recover.

Take care all hopefully i'll be back to normal soon and hopefully it will be easier for you all.

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Ive had original covid, delta, omicon & long covid from Rideshare. I passed all this onto family & friends

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Hello Everyone, I have tested positive to Covid 19 from a PCR test and can tell you what it was like for me.

While driving around on Monday I noticed a small sniffle and thought I better call it a day. It started out really mild and couldn't tell. So over night I started to get a fever and thats when I knew something wasn't right. The next day I got tested and the fever was starting to kick in and my body lterally ached everywhere. After the test on Tuesday morning I isolated and by then the fever was in full swing. The fever was intense and lasted for 3 days until it broke. You cant focus and your mind is hazy for lack of a better description as the fever with the aching body really made all the other symptoms feel not relavent (No Taste, lose of appetite, lost my voice, sinus congestion and occational coughing) and all the other symptoms faded away in comparison. If I had to rate it against having influenza I would say it is 2 - 3 times worse. Be warned it is not a mild flu ... far from it.

Today I recieved my PCR test result as positive via SMS and I told me to expect to be contacted by QLD Health As soon as possible for them. Needless to say I am not expecting a call from them for a while due to how long my test took (4 days).

The best advice I can give all is when you get it don't be shy with the pain relief. At the begining I had 2 panadols but they did nothing and after reading information of the covid website they said to have 2 paracetamol and 2 ibupurofen togeather and this actually helped take the edge of the pains and fever. Other than that it is a rough ride at first and I did get better slowly. Rest, Rest and more Rest but you will just do that cause you will be tired.

Take care all hopefully i'll be back to normal soon and hopefully it will be easier for you all.
Any illness that is worse than the flu, would require IV hydration and doctor supervision.

Yet you managed just fine with Tylenol and home rest (the ibuprofen was unnecessary; it actually dehydrates you more if you fail to double your hydration intake with a fever).

The flu, on the other hand - includes ALL the symptoms of COVID PLUS vomiting, potential for liver and/or kidney damage, and risk of developing Reye Syndrome (particularly children).

You’re such a drama queen. COVID is a bad cold. You didn’t have an “intense fever”. I guarantee it reached no higher than 101.4, as the most common COVID fevers hover around 100.4-100.8. Vomiting begins at 102, and you never described having that symptom (because you didn’t), and that’s not even a “high” (or intense) fever.

But tell us more about how this was far worse than the flu, with your intense 100.4 degree fever than you recovered from just fine with Tylenol and ibuprofen. Australian *******. I’m surprised you didn’t just go ahead and claim that you almost died, but luckily resuscitated yourself with Tylenol.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts

While driving around on Monday I noticed a small sniffle and thought I better call it a day. It started out really mild and couldn't tell. So over night I started to get a fever and thats when I knew something wasn't right. The next day I got tested and the fever was starting to kick in and my body literally ached everywhere. After the test on Tuesday morning I isolated and by then the fever was in full swing. The fever was intense and lasted for 3 days until it broke. You cant focus and your mind is hazy for lack of a better description as the fever with the aching body really made all the other symptoms feel not relavent (No Taste, lose of appetite, lost my voice, sinus congestion and occational coughing) and all the other symptoms faded away in comparison. If I had to rate it against having influenza I would say it is 2 - 3 times worse. Be warned it is not a mild flu ... far from it.

Today I recieved my PCR test result as positive via SMS and I told me to expect to be contacted by QLD Health As soon as possible for them. Needless to say I am not expecting a call from them for a while due to how long my test took (4 days).

Mon. Night umm bad night for 🤧 sniffles .
A friend she is only 26 double vaxed , same as you described , wost she can remember , positive , but Sat , yesterday almost back on top of it ,up and about . 🙂🙃🌳🚗

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mon. Night umm bad night for 🤧 sniffles .
A friend she is only 26 double vaxed , same as you described , positive , but Sat , yesterday almost back on top of it ,up and about . 🙂🙃🌳🚗
Yep the varient we have hurts you initially then slowly you get better once the fever is broken. QLD medical have been in touch now and they are saying if I return a negative RAT I can get back to it Tuesday :)

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Yep the varient we have hurts you initially then slowly you get better once the fever is broken. QLD medical have been in touch now and they are saying if I return a negative RAT I can get back to it Tuesday :)
That’s exactly how every COLD and FLU works.

Or really any illness that 99.75% of people survive.

Initially you feel sick, then slowly you get better. LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts

Today I recieved my PCR test result as positive via SMS and It told me to expect to be contacted by QLD Health As soon as possible for them. Needless to say I am not expecting a call from them for a while due to how long my test took (4 days).

do you qualify for the $750 payment?

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
I think so but will check on Monday. Still recovering. Just washing and cleaning today. Havent felt like doing anything till today was tired. I have a Lab ID etc which is what they want.
glad to hear you ok. Take care & keep us updated to what you can claim $$👍

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts

Did Uber suspend your account?
Did you advise them of a positive result?
You will probably have infected your passengers?
Dear Uber why are we still allowing pool trips 😡😡?

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did Uber suspend your account?
Did you advise them of a positive result?
You will probably have infected your passengers?
There is no contact tracing. All that happens now is that you quarantine for 7 days from your positive test. After that date if you have no symptoms you can go straight back to work without a test. The rules have changed and thats why we are all getting covid. The main thing QLD health is interested in is that you issolate to reduce the spread and that you recover without being hospitaised.

As for Uber who cares they dont helps us. As for the passengers lets hope they all logged in on my QR Code so they can be notified they are a close contact. Uber has nothing to do with Covid here QLD health manage it and there is an honesty system in place for passengers to do the right things. The reality is that Covid is here and we are all going to catch it. There is no if but when. Gold Coast is gone and it is everywhere here. Brisbane is next and then north it goes.

Just prepare and be ready for when you get sick and hope you don't have to go to hospital. If you think there is help you are mistaken as they are overwhelmed and I still have not had anyone personally contact me yet and I will be allowed out Wednesday. I have had a chat with QLD Health's AI Billie who asked me 6 questions when you get it you will understand what this means if you follow all the proceedures properly. No one is checking me it is an honesty system with text messages and websites for help and an AI asking you questions when it calls you. If you are having dificulties your are told to dial 000. I have now recovered and I am waiting my 7 days of quarantining before I leave my home. I Could leave earlier and who would know.

Just prepare and expect to get Covid. When you get it make no mistake you are on your own unless you need an ambulance. Read the websites if you want to prepare.

This is where they send you:
First steps if you have COVID-19

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
There is no contact tracing. All that happens now is that you quarantine for 7 days from your positive test. After that date if you have no symptoms you can go straight back to work without a test. The rules have changed and thats why we are all getting covid. The main thing QLD health is interested in is that you issolate to reduce the spread and that you recover without being hospitaised.

As for Uber who cares they dont helps us. As for the passengers lets hope they all logged in on my QR Code so they can be notified they are a close contact. Uber has nothing to do with Covid here QLD health manage it and there is an honesty system in place for passengers to do the right things. The reality is that Covid is here and we are all going to catch it. There is no if but when. Gold Coast is gone and it is everywhere here. Brisbane is next and then north it goes.

Just prepare and be ready for when you get sick and hope you don't have to go to hospital. If you think there is help you are mistaken as they are overwhelmed and I still have not had anyone personally contact me yet and I will be allowed out Wednesday. I have had a chat with QLD Health's AI Billie who asked me 6 questions when you get it you will understand what this means if you follow all the proceedures properly. No one is checking me it is an honesty system with text messages and websites for help and an AI asking you questions when it calls you. If you are having dificulties your are told to dial 000. I have now recovered and I waiting my 7 days of quarantining before I leave my home. I Could leave earlier and who would know.

Just prepare and expect to get Covid. When you get it make no mistake you are on your own unless you need an ambulance. Read the websites if you want to prepare.

This is where they send you:
First steps if you have COVID-19
close contact is someone whos been with you 4hrs or more now so no drama with the passengers you infected

Definition of close contact
You are a close contact if you are a household member or a household-like contact of a diagnosed person.
  • A household member is a person who ordinarily resides at the same premises or place of accommodation as the diagnosed person, and who are residing at the premises or place of accommodation at the time the diagnosed person receives their positive COVID-19 test result. You do not have to be related to the diagnosed person to be considered a household member.
  • A household-like contact is a person who has spent more than four hours with the diagnosed person in a house or other place of accommodation, care facility or similar.
    Note: a person is not a household-like contact if they are in a separate part of the house, accommodation or care facility that has a separate point of entry and no shared common areas, and if they do not have contact or interaction for more than four hours.

Reactions: Nawdy

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
close contact is someone whos been with you 4hrs or more now so no drama with the passengers you infected

Definition of close contact
You are a close contact if you are a household member or a household-like contact of a diagnosed person.
  • A household member is a person who ordinarily resides at the same premises or place of accommodation as the diagnosed person, and who are residing at the premises or place of accommodation at the time the diagnosed person receives their positive COVID-19 test result. You do not have to be related to the diagnosed person to be considered a household member.
  • A household-like contact is a person who has spent more than four hours with the diagnosed person in a house or other place of accommodation, care facility or similar.
    Note: a person is not a household-like contact if they are in a separate part of the house, accommodation or care facility that has a separate point of entry and no shared common areas, and if they do not have contact or interaction for more than four hours.
Yes i just realised,so uber don’t even need to know if you test positive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Everyone I know who've had covid were and are perfectly fine. BTW, it's been two years since it first hit. Everyone has been infected at least twice which means a very, very, very, very small percentage of the population are severely impacted by it.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone I know who've had covid were and are perfectly fine. BTW, it's been two years since it first hit. Everyone has been infected at least twice which means a very, very, very, very small percentage of the population are severely impacted by it.
Our population hasn't been exposed to it until now. We have locked borders for the past 2 years and our government has decided now is the time to let it rip through the Australian population. For the last 2 years the State we live in Queensland has had only 7 deaths due to Covid. We have a population of only 25 million here with 120 thousand infections recorded yesterday. They are saying we are expected to reach over 200 thousand infections a day soon. Compared with USA's 330 million and 900 thousand infections you posted yesterday Australia is at a rate of infection right now that is 1.5 times faster than you guys have at the moment in the USA. So we have gone from literally no cases to surpasing your averages in just weeks. We are hoping due to our high vacination rate that deaths will be low. Australia has taken the plunge and one thing we like to do is beat the USA at stuff ... just ask our swimmers :p. BTW Covid appears to be something we wish to surpass you guys at now too :p

Our biggest problem is our workforce will be reduced by 30% for a while till we all get use to dealing with Covid. We are learning how to live with it right now. We will let you know in a month or two if we saved lives or not.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

Hope you are getting better & on the recovery road.. pardon the pun! 😏

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hope you are getting better & on the recovery road.. pardon the pun! 😏
Did a RAT on day 7 before I went out to work like the Government advises and tested positive still. So I am still recovering will be testing again tommorrow on day 10 to see if I'm negative. I feel ok Fever is gone but I still have a cough from time to time. If you dont have RAT's be careful that you still don't have it. So far I am seeing from my infection any symptoms even the dry cough means you still have it. I have 9 more RAT's left :p

After my experience I don't believe a word the Government is saying now and firmly believe health is now being sacraficed for money. BTW they don't tell you what variant of Covid you have with a PCR test either. I will ask my GP when he Tele confrences with me on Tuesday and yes thats right that was the earliest I could book my GP as they are under the pump. So many people are getting infected on the GC that you cant get help and have to wait a long time to get help unless you call up 000 and say you can't breath.

QLD Health contacted me on Day 7 of my Quarantine they cant get to you quickly so please be prepared as medical assistance is not readily available. QLD health have sent me a kit should get it in a few days and have no idea whats in it. I'll take a photo and post it when I get it :)

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Did a RAT on day 7 before I went out to work like the Government advises and tested positive still. So I am still recovering will be testing again tommorrow on day 10 to see if I'm negative. I feel ok Fever is gone but I still have a cough from time to time. If you dont have RAT's be careful that you still don't have it. So far I am seeing from my infection any symptoms even the dry cough means you still have it. I have 9 more RAT's left :p

After my experience I don't believe a word the Government is saying now and firmly believe health is now being sacraficed for money. BTW they don't tell you what variant of Covid you have with a PCR test either. I will ask my GP when he Tele confrences with me on Tuesday and yes thats right that was the earliest I could book my GP as they are under the pump. So many people are getting infected on the GC that you cant get help and have to wait a long time to get help unless you call up 000 and say you can't breath.

QLD Health contacted me on Day 7 of my Quarantine they cant get to you quickly so please be prepared as medical assistance is not readily available. QLD health have sent me a kit should get it in a few days and have no idea whats in it. I'll take a photo and post it when I get it :)
Nice to hear that you are making progress.
Sure it appears that QLD health is overwhelmed with this current situation & obviously aren’t coping well with their organisational abilities.
Though I’m healthy. I haven’t been on the road so much as it’s somewhat frustrating at times with all of the deceitful fake surges that Uber is displaying often. There are much less cars on the road, as riders have shared that they are waiting longer & quite often 3-6 cars are cancelling their rides. 🤣
Also it appears there are still the smattering of moronic drivers & riders around not wearing masks in Uber cars from my observations. It’s astounding really with the very level of Covid in the community.
I upgraded my masks to N95 version which is much more effective & still flately refuse any rider without a mask. ‘But the last Uber… “ card doesn’t roll with me anymore.. ‘Sure, just call that last Uber to pick you up again”!
In the meantime stay safe & well. 👍

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Uber has your back, just follow the guidelines they have mapped out. Once you have established that you have lost income because of Covid forward your doctor certificate and Uber will compensate you for loss of income.

And then I woke up I must of been dreaming good luck, Surfside are looking for drivers $50 on a Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally a Negative Test ... Im Free :)

Took me 5 days to recover and 10 days to produce a negative test. Now for all those drivers here in Australia that haven't had covid hopefully this post will help you work through Covid for the first time.

Gadget Gas Rectangle Electric blue Display device

Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Pattern

1 - 20 of 25 Posts