Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I head out again after going home for dinner, 1 trip from 11:30pm Wed to 3:30am thurs, I wonder if I was a selected isolated case or if any other colleagues suffered

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
One trip in four hours?

Where were you driving? Dc, burbs, ?

I had six trips between 9:30 PM and 11:30 PM in the district.

·
Registered
443 Posts
lol its called a holiday slowdown.

Just wait til this friday-sun. All the get quick rich guys will be off the roads again.

Hopefully...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One trip in four hours?

Where were you driving? Dc, burbs, ?

I had six trips between 9:30 PM and 11:30 PM in the district.
Started in Rockville parked for about 1hr, then out of anxiety started driving towards dt silver spring, then dupont circle, branch av, 495/95 n, Pennsylvania av, Crain hwy 301, 50 w, 495/95 n, silver spring, Rockville.... total fail

·
Registered
443 Posts
Started in Rockville parked for about 1hr, then out of anxiety started driving towards dt silver spring, then dupont circle, branch av, 495/95 n, Pennsylvania available,Crain hwy 301, 50 w, 495/95 n, silver spring, Rockville.... total fail
How many times did you toggle your offline/online switch or reboot your app?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I made $85 in 5 hours. Not great I know, and had to do a lot of UStool trips, but at least it was something. I only drove from about 6pm to 11pm.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you man. So I drive all night in precisely those areas from time to time. Wednesday is a very bad night for this area. But last night from 1-4 I drove the same areas incl NW DC and the Olney area and got 6 rides. Not great but almost all at least 8 - 20 miles. I've found on T and W in these areas it's a different approach than drunk nights but the rides are there. But I Grant you, Silver Spring was not good Lots of drivers. But a solid group of pax every night12:30 to 1:30

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I head out again after going home for dinner, 1 trip from 11:30pm Wed to 3:30am thurs, I wonder if I was a selected isolated case or if any other colleagues suffered
I drove last night between 9pm and 12 am and it was so dead in DC... drove through Georgetown into Chinatown area and I finally got a ping after about 15 minutes.

However, after a few more pings, there was a HUGE surge at SW waterfront after the Lumineers concert. Also another huge surge at Capital One Arena after JZ concert.... caught a 1.6x then two 2.8x pool riders... ended up making close to $85 by the time I went home at midnight.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
nice job. i gotta start working nights. This early morning then day shift is so dead.
That's why you shuffle to increase your profit.
I have come to shuffle 3 trips per 1 completed trip.
I end up getting paid for not moving 1 inch LOL
Todays stats from 6am to 10am are
Total miles driven including dead miles = 42
Total pay out $97.

LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
What's your rating, acceptance & cancellation rates?
Do you have any recent reported issues from riders?
Professionalism, Saftey, Navigation etc

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's your rating, acceptance & cancellation rates?
Do you have any recent reported issues from riders?
Professionalism, Saftey, Navigation etc
4.71 superstar, 98 acceptance, 9 cancel, no rider feedback issues yet this week

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Hope this can help.
I stop driving slow hours.
Morning rush 7to 10
Came back 4 to 11m
Double the money I been making lately.
Accomplish the small quest.
Drive on boost without turning app off on rush hour
If you stsrt the second or third tier in the allowed time , you can milk it till you finish 3 consecutive trips.
Seems like not much but you add the boost, the consecutive trips bonuses and the quest and you may have 400 extra .
My goal this days is over 1k for no more than 40 hours.No longer than 4 hour shift with a 15 min brake in the middle.Need to walk around the car.
Getting too rusty on knees and legs for being seating for long.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope this can help.
I stop driving slow hours.
Morning rush 7to 10
Came back 4 to 11m
Double the money I been making lately.
Accomplish the small quest.
Drive on boost without turning app off on rush hour
If you stsrt the second or third tier in the allowed time , you can milk it till you finish 3 consecutive trips.
Seems like not much but you add the boost, the consecutive trips bonuses and the quest and you may have 400 extra .
My goal this days is over 1k for no more than 40 hours.No longer than 4 hour shift with a 15 min brake in the middle.Need to walk around the car.
Getting too rusty on knees and legs for being seating for long.
Nice

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I got my first Bad Pickup Report after I started a trip without the pax in car just to get the 1 star in on him since he was a non tipper 4.61 going 1 mile to WFC metro. He 1 starred me also lol. 4.90 rated waiting patiently to get to 4.91.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts