Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has received a ping while they thought they were offline. The first few times I figured I must have accidently went on line, but now that it has happened twice in the last two days I'm not so sure. Last night at a friends house I got a ping and hadn't been on the app, and then again today while at my real job I received another ping without opening the app.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Just curious if anyone else has received a ping while they thought they were offline. The first few times I figured I must have accidently went on line, but now that it has happened twice in the last two days I'm not so sure. Last night at a friends house I got a ping and hadn't been on the app, and then again today while at my real job I received another ping without opening the app.
Yes all the time, and most times its fuberpool, I actually had it ping and auto accept while looking at the map offline, make sure you write to uber about it.
Ive also been online no ride no ping and the "your rider has cancelled" window pop up, Im like what the ?

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
I've had the same situation occur multiple times.... I always assume I left myself online on but I'm pretty sure I did not.
Ubers sneaky, I think they do this knowing people may think they left it online, but I have seen it start pinging after the app opened and never touched the screen, and the blue button was never pushed

·
Premium Member
65,771 Posts
Usually happens during bathroom breaks !

I dropped the phone in the urinal once because if it.

Also phone camera and video comes on by itself.

Have video of me shopping in Wal Mart during 3 am surge for Puke Cleaning material.

Went to city for Lyft mentor meeting.Got text from UBER" since you're in the city riding around,turn your app. On and make some money!"

Big Brother can't resist us.

Who knows what sound they steal.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Usually happens during bathroom breaks !

I dropped the phone in the urinal once because if it.

Also phone camera and video comes on by itself.

Have video of me shopping in Wal Mart during 3 am surge for Puke Cleaning material.

Went to city for Lyft mentor meeting.Got text from UBER" since you're in the city ridi g around,turn your app. On and make some money!"

Big Brother can't resist us.

Who knows what sound they steal.
Was your uber app atleast opened,? If their checking my location with the app completely off that is unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
65,771 Posts
Ubers sneaky, I think they do this knowing people may think they left it online, but I have seen it start pinging after the app opened and never touched the screen, and the blue button was never pushed
My App was off,phone was on top of urinal by flush handle.
I accepted with 1 hand,and phone slipped into urinal.

Much phone washing.

Was 5 minutes before I got to car to head to trip.

·
Premium Member
65,771 Posts
Was your uber app atleast opened,? If their checking my location with the app completely off that is unacceptable.
They check everything.
Your location.
Your speed.
Your driving.
What you say( can't prove this one)
What you are doing.
Position of your phone.
Where and when you take breaks.

App was off and NOT on screen when I got text driving to my Lyft mentor session.

They probably read my messages to Lyft !

Raided my contacts.

Listen to my phone calls.

Every time you update APP.,you sign away rights to your phone.

Passengers also.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This happened to me too, I had 90% acceptance and while I was offline eating in my car, I see a ping come through and I just watched it doubting myself if I had actually gone offline or not...but I was sure I had. Now I'm at 81% after a few of those misses.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Kind of scary,when one accept an app one really does not know what one agree to,and updates every sometime,what they putting on our phones God only know....
I use my phone "hot spot"to connect with an old phone without sim card but with fuber app....Better to "fiddle" a little than be sorry...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts