Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15,929 Posts
12 hours for me. I've only worked 5 hours in 2 weeks and that was during the sat before last when it surged. I didn't even sign up for this week Mon-Thur as I knew I wouldn't put in the 10 hours they wanted.

It's silly of them. I might have done 8 to midnight tonight but not with the hours requirement...
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

· Registered
15,929 Posts
I wonder if we opt in to get the guarantee then immediately opt out until it's time for the next one...

I've already had 5 texts today and I don't even know if I will work this weekend. I've only been working Thursday and Saturday lately and with the hour requirements that just doesn't work for me.

· Registered
15,929 Posts
So I just got an email from Uber at 10:52pm. Immediately go online to check it out. I have NO intention of going anywhere BTW. I'm at home in Sugar Land. Email and pic below:

UBER: xxxx, what are you waiting for? The night is young and we're seeing SURGE PRICING in Downtown/Midtown right now. Go online ASAP to cash in on this busy Friday night!

Property Ecoregion Map Infrastructure Land lot

· Registered
15,929 Posts
Rec'd a txt at 2352 hrs last night.

"What are you waiting for? It is surging in Midtown."

Took a look & it was surging at x1.5 in Westchase. I do not drive 37 miles just to ride a surge that will be gone by the time I arrive. Plus I was in bed. If I had been in the area to run an errand, maybe. Not at midnight, though.
That's the same text I posted last night here. It only surged fir a minute or two I guess because I snapped a pic of the map one minute later and there was nothing but a bit of yellow and orange.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.