Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
50 minutes of driving to somebody!! Lyft should be generally smarter about this.

It was my understanding that having a driver 20 minutes away was sort of the further cap Lyft will try assigning before Lyft tells a passenger "No service is available right now" You can try this yourself by putting your passenger app pickup location somewhere out in nowheres-ville to see if Lyft gives you an estimated pick up time.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
50 minutes of driving to somebody!! Lyft should be generally smarter about this.

It was my understanding that having a driver 20 minutes away was sort of the further cap Lyft will try assigning before Lyft tells a passenger "No service is available right now" You can try this yourself by putting your passenger app pickup location somewhere out in nowheres-ville to see if Lyft gives you an estimated pick up time.
I used to get Bremerton pings all the time in West Seattle on Uber. Hasn't happened in a while. While driving in Federal Way I got a Vashon Island ping once.

I have had 40 min away Lyft pings coming from deep into Pierce County while in King County that kept coming over and over saying 'you are the only driver'.

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
I used to get Bremerton pings all the time in West Seattle on Uber. Hasn't happened in a while. While driving in Federal Way I got a Vashon Island ping once.

I have had 40 min away Lyft pings coming from deep into Pierce County while in King County that kept coming over and over saying 'you are the only driver'.
On several days during rush hour I have gotten the "You're the only driver" from N Seattle or Ballard / Crown hill while DT. 15 min line ride requests. Never gotten an island request yet.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
On several days during rush hour I have gotten the "You're the only driver" from N Seattle or Ballard / Crown hill while DT. 15 min line ride requests. Never gotten an island request yet.
hahahahaha that's hillarious. The only time I've gotten that in Seattle was when Lyft screwed up the beerfest at the flight museum. Sold out, and co-sponsored by Lyft. Twas base rate, and I was getting pings all the way from Auburn and Kent for the flight museum saying 'you are the only driver'. I LOLed so hard. I ended up accepting one only because I had a rider take me up close to there and I was curious. The pax I picked up told me people were waiting for a long time and there were no cars available.

Was it base rate up there and surging/PT where you were?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
It's nothing new. I was in West Seattle a couple of years ago when I got a Lyft ping on the Kitsap peninsula. The arrival time was 97 minutes. I didn't notice whether it was via the Narrows bridge or via ferry in its calculation of the time.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
hahahahaha that's hillarious. The only time I've gotten that in Seattle was when Lyft screwed up the beerfest at the flight museum. Sold out, and co-sponsored by Lyft. Twas base rate, and I was getting pings all the way from Auburn and Kent for the flight museum saying 'you are the only driver'. I LOLed so hard. I ended up accepting one only because I had a rider take me up close to there and I was curious. The pax I picked up told me people were waiting for a long time and there were no cars available.

Was it base rate up there and surging/PT where you were?
I would not have touch that ride with a 10 foot pole! hell no! Crazy Angry Pax blaming you like U created the app. "In the App it says...." like my bhole

Hey mark, I'm jacking, uh huh huh huh huh
Stop Jerking in the Trailer

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
I would not have touch that ride with a 10 foot pole! hell no! Crazy Angry Pax blaming you like U created the app. "In the App it says...." like my bhole

Stop Jerking in the Trailer
They totally got it. Actually gave me a $20 tip 'for showing up'. They were overjoyed that they go a ride out of there much quicker than the remaining crowd. I didn't go back.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
If I turn on my apps at my house in the wee hours and open to all tiers it is not at all unusual for me to get pinged by both Lyft and Uber (but more Lyft than Uber) for Lyft/X rides 20-40 minutes away. In the past when I would work X/Lyft I can think of a couple of times when I was the only driver, and had riders stacked and wait for me for up to an hour and were grateful that I actually showed up.

It happens in the upper tiers, too. I let this puppy go by last night:
Font Screenshot Slope Brand Circle

Yeah, I know, it was bad for the community.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts