Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry for the all-caps title, but yes I am yelling from the rooftops ;) )

Last night, had a passenger ask me to stop at Taco Bell on her way home.

This was an automatic 'no' because:
  • She was a sloppy person and would have dropped bag drippings all over the seat of my car
  • It was surging $11 on Uber and 150-200% on Lyft--so yeah, not gonna waste 10 minutes in drive-through during that

So what was the net result of my telling her 'no'?

She called a friend, started crying, said her driver was making her feel very uncomfortable, and that I had said I was going to rape her.

So I turned on the dashcam screen, and said calmly, "As you know, and as the recording will show, I did not say that."

And that dashcam, ladies and gentlemen, is the only reason I'm not in a police station and in the news.

So get those dashcams peoples!! That is all.

·
Premium Member
27,509 Posts

• She was a sloppy person and would have dropped bag drippings all over the seat of my car
  • It was surging $11 on Uber and 150-200% on Lyft--so yeah, not gonna waste 10 minutes in drive-through during that

She called a friend, started crying, said her driver was making her feel very uncomfortable, and that I had said I was going to rape her.

So I turned on the dashcam screen, and said calmly, "As you know, and as the recording will show, I did not say that."

And that dashcam, ladies and gentlemen, is the only reason I'm not in a police station and in the news.

I would post this on YouTube ASAP. Tag Dara and Rachel in posting it.

As I recall a guy in NYC had a similar incident, posted the video and got a tidy sum from Uber to take it down.

Oh and PM her address to Chapindc. I suspect a flaming bag of shit is in her future...:cool:

·
Premium Member
27,509 Posts
Please post it on GoFundMe as well for 'legal defense fund'.
Make it seem like she's still pressing charges.
Might as well make some money on it.
If that dude in NYC got 40+k for being berated by that racist bag of crap for 10+ mins, you can get accused of rape and maybe get same.
We'll all kick in. That'll get GGDaddy a California Tortilla Burrito. Not chips and drink though...:oops:

·
Registered
159 Posts

I hope u kicked her out after u told her about dashcam...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

I'm assuming u kicked her out as she deserved to, & ur taking that footage to the corresponding rideshare office so they can cancel her account

·
Premium Member
8,045 Posts

You have to post this on YouTube
Maybe her employer will fire her
If U contacts you to take the video down ,at least ask 5000 for your mental torture

Your life would have been ruined, just a rumor like this will destroy you

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very much gang for your support and shared outrage.

I appreciate everyone’s concerns and sense of justice. I also recognize that this reaction is not about me, but about (1) seeing this female canine get justice, and (2) preventing someone else from being a victim.

I’ve even made similar, very strong arguments in other threads suggesting the same course of action for the same reasons.

However, that said, and after much consideration, I’ve decided not to take any further action.

As an entrepreneur, I drive Uber to pay the bills when I’m between paying day job gigs. But if I post a video that goes viral, and a Google search of my name shows that video at the top of the results, then my being “outed” as an Uber driver will impair my ability to get my next paycheck that isn’t from Uber. Even if it’s only a 1% risk, I owe it to my family to do *nothing* that hurts my ability to get us out of this current financial hellhole.

I also have no wish whatsoever to involve the female canine in my life by participating in mutual professional destruction.

Let’s all keep an eye out for this type of false accusation in the DC area, and I’ll certainly be keeping this tape indefinitely to exonerate any future victims.

As the victim in this situation, I hope that you can all respect this decision. While I understand and support the argument for going public with this, I have decided not to for these reasons.

Thank you again everyone for your support, it has helped a great deal. My goal is a positive outcome from this experience, which will come from seeing my fellow drivers protect themselves. So if you see a driver without a dashcam, tell them my story!!

·
Premium Member
27,509 Posts
Thanks very much gang for your support and shared outrage.

I appreciate everyone's concerns and sense of justice. I also recognize that this reaction is not about me, but about (1) seeing this female canine get justice, and (2) preventing someone else from being a victim.

I've even made similar, very strong arguments in other threads suggesting the same course of action for the same reasons.

However, that said, and after much consideration, I've decided not to take any further action.

As an entrepreneur, I drive Uber to pay the bills when I'm between paying day job gigs. But if I post a video that goes viral, and a Google search of my name shows that video at the top of the results, then my being "outed" as an Uber driver will impair my ability to get my next paycheck that isn't from Uber. Even if it's only a 1% risk, I owe it to my family to do *nothing* that hurts my ability to get us out of this current financial hellhole.

I also have no wish whatsoever to involve the female canine in my life by participating in mutual professional destruction.

Let's all keep an eye out for this type of false accusation in the DC area, and I'll certainly be keeping this tape indefinitely to exonerate any future victims.

As the victim in this situation, I hope that you can all respect this decision. While I understand and support the argument for going public with this, I have decided not to for these reasons.

Thank you again everyone for your support, it has helped a great deal. My goal is a positive outcome from this experience, which will come from seeing my fellow drivers protect themselves. So if you see a driver without a dashcam, tell them my story!!
Understandable.

Not even the flaming bag of shit? It's Halloween. Blame it on the kids she didn't give candy to... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3.75 and GGDaddy

·
Premium Member
27,509 Posts
I hope they do honestly, my soul wont be sucked anymore with this shit
Deactivation is the least of your problems.

In the case GGDaddy just cited, it won't matter if you're gay. She says you said you were gonna rape her. If she makes that allegation to the police, even if she recants everything, you still have the word 'rape' next to your name whenever someone Googles you.

Reactions: 3.75
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.