Uber Drivers Forum banner

Are you satisfied with Uber's relationship with its drivers?

• Yes, it works for me

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, drivers sometimes get screwed

Votes: 8 88.9%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a reporter looking for driver perspectives in San Francisco. If you're an SF driver with an opinion on today's ruling that drivers can file a class action suit, message me. (You don't have to give your name if you'd rather now.) Thank you...

·
Registered
80 Posts
All along, I have said that Uber is not truthful; it is always spinning to the point that puffery and lies become indistinguishable.

Example 1: Drivers - many earn below minimum wages under the current fee structure - are "partners." Taking $1 off the top from each ride is not what one "partner" would do to another partner.

Example 2: putting all these three parts together: (a) it is a cashless transaction, (b) it provides no space for tips in the app, and (c) it says tips are no necessary - all in the same breath would just mislead passengers into falsely thinking that tips are already paid for the ride. Uber lawyer Boutrous may argue that drivers are independent contractors and tell Judge Chen the Court cannot rule that drivers are employees. Judge Edward Chen implies in his ruling to say "Are you (Uber) smarter than me (the Court) then?" (page 6, lines 10-13).

Example 3: Uber says "Work when you want to." In the new Uber Eats, this is not true. Uber limits the delivery time to a few hours around lunch time in a small area. I cannot work in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Therefore "Work when you want to" is not true!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm glad it happened; I really don't want to be an employee, but at this point I feel like that's exactly what we are, minus all the benefits that go along with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts