Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
we do fit description of employee as uber can say when where how we work via their requiring us to accept percentage of rides (that take us all over for unexpected amounts of time) and meet a required rating level or else they can fire us.
so i highly recommend everyone put "i dont have to register as business because i believe i am an employee".
the lady on 311 told me we can do this.
the determination of whether we are employee or indep contractor is still being decided by the court.
We will accrue no late fees while the court is still deciding.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
the determination of whether we are employee or indep contractor is still being decided by the court.
Which means, by default, that we are what Uber claims we are.

You "can" do or say anything you want. In this case, the probable consequence of doing so is a late charge on the license fee, as well as possible tickets

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
Check out the post about SFO gestapo recently. It's possible, since SFO is San Francisco, they may have checked for the business license. At this point, I think it's worth $91 for the peace of mind. Then I'll feel like a real grown up with my own business.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
How are they gonna fine is? I've also been driving with with sticker or placard. I keep my eye out and my stops quick and park in driveways that are not on busy streets.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How are they gonna fine is? I've also been driving with with sticker or placard. I keep my eye out and my stops quick and park in driveways that are not on busy streets.
Probably by stopping you and doing a document check. Which as a driver on a public road you have to provide

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Ehhhh I will roll the dice. I will keep doing it until I have been fined and caught once for each offense. Not having license and not having stickers. It works to my advantage since angry drivers and taxis don't cut me off. And personal insurance will have a lesser chance of finding out that I do ride sharing.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Just so you are aware, registering makes your personal information available to the public and your insurance companies. You may want to use another address upon registering for privacy/safety issues.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Just so you are aware, registering makes your personal information available to the public and your insurance companies. You may want to use another address upon registering for privacy/safety issues.
Exactly thanks for confirming. If the insurance company did decide to see if I did ridesharing that would be another way for them to find out.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Or you just could do the sensible thing, and get a ride sharing endorsement. Which would also mean your insurance knows you do ride sharing.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Do what I did say you will no longer do business in sf but continue to do bizz in sf until u see a major crack down which should be happening real soon big fines etc or maybe nothing

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The city of SF made (or is expected to make) nearly 37 million dollars from the 37,000 Uber drivers registered to drive in the city. Something tells me they'll be happy with that income.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts