Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've done over 500 rides, mostly uber eats. Of those 500 rides, 163 are uberx. in the past month something has changed. either people are having crappy experiences and taking it out on me or i dont know what's up. out of those 163 rides, 76 of them are rated trips.

71 are 5 star ratings, leaving 2 trips with 4 star (which is fine) but the 3 I've gotten for 3 stars are from young kids. the first 3 star rating i got i know did it intentionally because he was like "wow I've never seen a uber driver with a 5 star rating" and within a half hour my rating dropped to 4.95 then the other 2 in the last 2 weeks have dropped me to a 4.89. like seriously? so in retaliation I've called uber back each time my rating drops and changed my ratings from a 5 to a 1. hopefully it teaches them a lesson. sometimes ill do 5 rides, and if my rating drops lets say 2 hours later and i dont know who it is i call uber and have for example my last 3 riders re -rated to a 1. i know it might be a crappy thing to do but I've NEVER done anything to deserve a 3 star.
uber agents don't seem to care either, they are like sure, hold on let me change the rating.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Don't swest the ratings! It is not worth the emotional agony, even though it is frustrating to be falsely accused or unfairly blamed. As long as you maintain your professionalism, you will receive enough positive ratings to remain on UBER's platform. Once you hit 500 trips, it becomes mathematically difficult to reduce your overall with just a couple of bad ratings. ALSO. UBER recently pledged to take a more sensable look at. 1-star ratings.
Finally, riders don't give a hoot about ratings of themselves. We can not really "punish" a rider via ratings.

·
Registered
208 Posts
how is it a waste of my time? it takes less then 2 minutes to contact support and change the rating? besides you've been on here for 3 months and have a 121 posts, whose wasting time again?
Ratings mean dick all.

You assume they actually do change it.

You. You are still wasting your time.

The only reason to even care about downrating a pax is to keep from being matched with them. Otherwise it doesn't make a difference. I've had pings from people rated a 2 or 3.

Welcome to uber.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
so I've done over 500 rides, mostly uber eats. Of those 500 rides, 163 are uberx. in the past month something has changed. either people are having crappy experiences and taking it out on me or i dont know what's up. out of those 163 rides, 76 of them are rated trips.

71 are 5 star ratings, leaving 2 trips with 4 star (which is fine) but the 3 I've gotten for 3 stars are from young kids. the first 3 star rating i got i know did it intentionally because he was like "wow I've never seen a uber driver with a 5 star rating" and within a half hour my rating dropped to 4.95 then the other 2 in the last 2 weeks have dropped me to a 4.89. like seriously? so in retaliation I've called uber back each time my rating drops and changed my ratings from a 5 to a 1. hopefully it teaches them a lesson. sometimes ill do 5 rides, and if my rating drops lets say 2 hours later and i dont know who it is i call uber and have for example my last 3 riders re -rated to a 1. i know it might be a crappy thing to do but I've NEVER done anything to deserve a 3 star.
uber agents don't seem to care either, they are like sure, hold on let me change the rating.
What on earth are you doing driving around young kids? Uber's policy is that anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. You could be deactivated for violating this policy.

That said, if you're going to get this upset about your ratings your Uber career is going to be miserable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Really does not matter what you rate a passenger. When they want a ride. They get it. I had a lady with a 4.1 rating. I'm like damn. What did she do to piss people off. I realized she is slow to load. But I was generous and gave her 5 stars to boost her up. As she gave me $4

·
Registered
480 Posts

Does uber pay you more for 5 stars?
I can sell you my 6k stars!

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Ratings mean &%[email protected]!* all.

You assume they actually do change it.

You. You are still wasting your time.

The only reason to even care about downrating a pax is to keep from being matched with them. Otherwise it doesn't make a difference. I've had pings from people rated a 2 or 3.

Welcome to uber.
Shhhhh...
Stop, just, Shhhhh.
Don't tell them the Only thing 1 Starring a passenger does is eliminate their match to the passenger, eventually removing them from the driver pool.
I was looking forward to the "Why do I only get ride request from Xmiles away?" thread OP would have eventually posted.

·
Registered
123 Posts

I know everybody talks about ratings but unless you get money for 5 stars who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless uber sends you a text saying you have been deactivated why give a shit. Ratings are a complete was of time. If they gave me a bonus for 5 stars I could care less about ratings. You get a few drunk millenials and they think it is funny to give a 1 star. Money talks suckers walk.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doesn't matter anyways. i dont pick up anyone with a rating less then 4.8 at this point. i still make the same amount of money declining riders with a low ratings. those aholes can wait for 15-20 minutes instead of 5 minutes for another driver, then they might actually start caring about being nice to uber drivers.

if none of you think a higher rating doesn't mean more business, shorter wait times then you are fools. i average 300-400 a week and i only do this for maybe 20 hours a week total (my longest week has been 17 hours) as a side gig

·
Registered
123 Posts
doesn't matter anyways. i dont pick up anyone with a rating less then 4.8 at this point. i still make the same amount of money declining riders with a low ratings. those aholes can wait for 15-20 minutes instead of 5 minutes for another driver, then they might actually start caring about being nice to uber drivers.

if none of you think a higher rating doesn't mean more business, shorter wait times then you are fools. i average 300-400 a week and i only do this for maybe 20 hours a week total (my longest week has been 17 hours) as a side gig
You are so full of Bullsh*t. You want us to believe that someone that wants a ride would look at the rating of a driver and cancel if the driver is a 4.8 in exchange for a driver that is 5.0. LOL. There is no way that you drive for 20 hours and make 400.00 every week. I have over 4000 rides and I know that is BS. I large percentage of rides are for $3.19. You might do 4 of those an hour. For $12.96 cents. Your canceling rides for low rating then you are sitting around for a good part of the day. [psdt your logs for 15 or 20 days then get back to us for now its a crock of sh*t.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

A perfect example of why you don't believe anything you read on the internet. This goes right up there with the picture of the guy surfing down the World Trade Center on 9/11. Just a little dumber that he thought people would believe this crap. He should be banned from the sight if for no other reason that his own stupidity.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im sorry your life sucks so bad that you have to do it full time and can't wrap your head around people who could care less who they pick up. if u want to pick up riders with 4.8 or below that's your choice not mine. im not desperate for them. like i said my actual time I'm on the road is less then 20 hours a week. Again, i have NOTHING to prove to you. you must REALLY think i care what you believe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts