Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so one week, my ratings are awesome, then come this week, which I have only driven on sunday and tonight, and now my rating for the week is a 4.33, I swear it seems like all of the D-bags come out all in one week, then in the following week, I'll get like a 4.9 and I'm not changing hardly anything, infact my lyft rating is like a 4.85, so Idk what it is, but it has to be the people that I am picking up, and I'm just wondering if it is a lower class (really don't know what word to use here) but I just don't get it. I try not to worry about my ratings but when my ratings go that low.

But I do know one guy that I picked up tonight, he never GIVES 5* and I had him b4 ( I didn't even realize it til later in the ride) and the last time I rated him a 1* and I think he rated me really low too. One this guy doesn't even know where they want to go, til I am at the place and have almost passed it, then he doesn't tell me his apt no. to pick him up at, he did tell me that they were moving to NY, THANK GOD.

My thing is I don't know why it seems like one week I get a full week of D-bags and the following week, I get totally cool people.

Do you guys have the same experiences with having weeks like that?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Unless your overall rating is close to 4.6 and you are risking deactivation, ignore your rating. You don't get any additional profit driving with a 4.9 than you do driving with a 4.7. Don't waste time worrying about things that have zero impact on your profit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless your overall rating is close to 4.6 and you are risking deactivation, ignore your rating. You don't get any additional profit driving with a 4.9 than you do driving with a 4.7. Don't waste time worrying about things that have zero impact on your profit.
Yeah I did forget to say that I had a 4.75 to begin with and now I have a 4.73. So yeah its not that bad, but geez I just wonder why I get dirtballs all in one week then the following week, I get all really cool people, it really doesn't make sense to me. But yeah your right I shouldn't worry about it that much. I just try to do the best I can. I mean I have been doing this for about 4 mos now so, I should get used to it by now. lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ok so one week, my ratings are awesome, then come this week, which I have only driven on sunday and tonight, and now my rating for the week is a 4.33, I swear it seems like all of the D-bags come out all in one week, then in the following week, I'll get like a 4.9 and I'm not changing hardly anything, infact my lyft rating is like a 4.85, so Idk what it is, but it has to be the people that I am picking up, and I'm just wondering if it is a lower class (really don't know what word to use here) but I just don't get it. I try not to worry about my ratings but when my ratings go that low.

But I do know one guy that I picked up tonight, he never GIVES 5* and I had him b4 ( I didn't even realize it til later in the ride) and the last time I rated him a 1* and I think he rated me really low too. One this guy doesn't even know where they want to go, til I am at the place and have almost passed it, then he doesn't tell me his apt no. to pick him up at, he did tell me that they were moving to NY, THANK GOD.

My thing is I don't know why it seems like one week I get a full week of D-bags and the following week, I get totally cool people.

DONT PiC up PAX UNDEr 4.6 rating ull be ok

·
Registered
971 Posts
Isn't it amazing how wielding such a small amount of power can go to people's head? "I didn't like the way he kept looking at me in the mirror" gets you a 1* rating because only an underage girl without any driving experience would think I was looking at her and not the car creeping up into my blind spot on the right.

I've only got 200 rides, but I suspect it's the young girls that feel like they need to rate low because they got into a car with someone they don't know and then it dawned on them:
"I just got into a car with a guy I don't know"​
and freak out a little. At that point, nothing I do is the right thing to do except keep both hands on the wheel and drop her off at destination pin without getting out of the car. I've seen young women flinch when the doors auto-lock at 10mph.

When it's appropriate, and I have established a rapport with my rider, I steer the conversation to my Uber driving, how important my stars are, and that a 4* rating is telling Uber I shouldn't be driving because I can get deactivated for getting too many fours. We talk about how silly it is to give people that much power over my income, and that some people think a 4 is like getting a B+ on a test. (80%)

If it's not a 5, either I have failed somehow, or someone pissed in my rider's Cheerios. My car is clean, my windows are spotless, there's plenty of back seat leg room, my seats are leather and the climate control is set to 72 all summer.

I dropped today from 4.8 to 4.79 - someone dropped a 4 on me yesterday and there were absolutely no problems, no one waited for me, everyone was pleasant and most of them said: "Nice Car". I can't get hung up on it, except to scratch my head and wonder what ELSE do I have to do for these ingrates?

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
FYI 80% is a B-
79% is a C+

The later into the evening you drive the higher probability of lower ratings as intoxicated people while they really do care they can't do much about pushing the right stars, that is except don't drink, but they they would not be calling UBER.

When UBER sees anything lower than a 5 star after 10PM it should prompt the question "have you been drinking?" With a big OF COURSE button and a tiny no way button, when they hit OF COURSE the rating goes in the trash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What I am not okay with is the delay. I drove on a Friday night, when I got home my rating was still 5. The next day I looked it had dropped to 4.71. So there is no way to know who rated you bad and why. Seems like a broken system to me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I am not okay with is the delay. I drove on a Friday night, when I got home my rating was still 5. The next day I looked it had dropped to 4.71. So there is no way to know who rated you bad and why. Seems like a broken system to me.
U do if you only gave like 3 rides and you know the guy that you have taken b4 ALWAYS gives bad reviews. Thus is why I knew of one guy who ALWAYS rates low.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so apparently I got told about being professional in my weekly report again, I'm like wth. U know I work for both uber and lyft and if someone asks me, then I have no problem talking about it, but if they don't ask me then I don't say anything about it. I never try to promote one or the other. But yet I got dinged for it again. So idk, its like we're getting the bottom of the barrel riders for uber, idk, but it just seems that way.

Also I want to point out that since I have been driving for both uber and lyft, my ratings with uber is 4.73 and my ratings with lyft is 4.85. I mean its like I get much better riders with lyft for what ever reason than I do with uber. Does anyone else relate to what I am saying?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The problem is most of the pax THINKS giving the driver a 4 is great. In reality he/she can get fired. hahaha

it’s crazy. If Uber and Lyft can change the deactivation from 4.6 o 4.0 then I’m cool with getting a 4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The problem is most of the pax THINKS giving the driver a 4 is great. In reality he/she can get fired. hahaha

it's crazy. If Uber and Lyft can change the deactivation from 4.6 o 4.0 then I'm cool with getting a 4.
Yeah, 5 star ratings are not always given as this means everything was done perfectly. At a 5 there is nowhere to go but down and nobody is perfect. Uber needs to change their standard to make this rating system more lucrative.

·
24,223 Posts
I do not get it, either. I seem to alternate weeks: perfect five, four point-three, perfect five, four-point-four, perfect five, four-point-five...................

·
Banned
3,215 Posts

I went 17 weeks with only 5-star ratings. Then came the night a drunken punk wanted to dance with me about cramming five paxs in my five person automobile. It ended badly even though I followed all laws and Uber safety rules. It took six weeks, but I finally got Uber to change the rating to NOT RATED. Why did it take six weeks? Because that's how long it took Uber to understand my explanations about how statistically flawed the driver rating system is. I wasn't explaining it to them in Swahili, it's just that no one at Uber has even a rudimentary grasp of basic Statistics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts