Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so disgusted with the ratings system. I take pride in providing my riders with a safe and enjoyable experience when they ride with me. I am polite, courteous and friendly. I have completed well over 100 rides and yet to often get less than five stars. My current rating is 4.77. I just don't understand, the riders seem to be happy and show no signs of disapproval in any way. I've even resorted to providing mints to see if that would help and I've seen no effect. It seems that for every one tenth drop in rating it takes at least two to three fives to recover that one tenth. What's wrong here? I'm just about to quit uber because it looks like the cards are stacked against the so called "partner". Am I over reacting?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Yes you are overreacting. Ignore Uber's stupid ratings system and just drive and make money if you can. Stop checking your ratings every 2 seconds and just drive. If they deactivate you for a low rating, they may do you a favor because it may not be the right gig for you. Trust me, there are tons of drivers with a rating way lower than yours that are happily driving with no problems. Uber on if you dare.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My rating went from a 4.89 to 4.82 in two days. I have over 330 rides completed, so I'm wondering how many one stars it could have taken to drop me so fast

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
The rating system sucks and does not actually reflect what the driver does. I drive the same way all the time, and in the past year my rating has ranged from 5.0 to 4.65 and back up. I was a 4.8 until this weekend where it's now back to 4.7. What's the difference? The riders. Depending on their mood your rating will change like the wind.

This weekend was a doozy for people in bad moods. Heat index over 100 and it takes longer than 30 seconds to get to the pax. Hey if you see your driver is 5 minutes away and you think it's too hot to wait, cancel it. It's that simple.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I don't have a lot of issues with ratings I hold a 4.89 on Uber with over 1k rides, however you are only as good as your last 500. You can be the nicest person in the world but if you breach a topic a rider does not like it can get you a poor rating. I do not talk Religion or Politics and if the conversation does come up I go with the flow and leave my opinion out of it especially if it different then the rider. Hek I don't even really share my favorite sporting teams because they will ding you for that.

Always keep your car smelling fresh and always clean. I keep Ozium on hand and spray it after every rider. If you are a smoker that can cause issues with your rating.

Something as simple as the way you answer requests like can you turn your AC down or can you change the station can get you dinged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try working in, Santa Barbara, Ca. where everybody is drunk during weekends . Drunks are the absolute worse . Pot heads are the best . They are quiet, don't ***** or moan, they're polite, courteous and aren't violent . The opposite of drunks . God bless the stoners .

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Working Baltimore it can get rough. A lot of the riders do the old "give the driver a low rating and complain about something that didn't happen to get a refund and codes for free rides" scam. You can hear them discussing it in the back during the ride. They openly admit they do it in order to save money. I had one girl tell me she basically ends up paying for like 2 rides a week, if that, and the rest are either refunded for complaints or she has free codes from complaints. And she always makes the complaint to be something that she can make into a big deal, but not something that will get drivers deactivated.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i am so disgusted with the ratings system. I take pride in providing my riders with a safe and enjoyable experience when they ride with me. I am polite, courteous and friendly. I have completed well over 100 rides and yet to often get less than five stars. My current rating is 4.77. I just don't understand, the riders seem to be happy and show no signs of disapproval in any way. I've even resorted to providing mints to see if that would help and I've seen no effect. It seems that for every one tenth drop in rating it takes at least two to three fives to recover that one tenth. What's wrong here? I'm just about to quit uber because it looks like the cards are stacked against the so called "partner". Am I over reacting?
Don't take it personal, it just could be they don't like your car. I gave a guy four stars, I chose select, comes to pick me up in a pos mercedes. Dirty inside, cracked leather, just terrible ride. I felt bad for him(nice guy), saw he was like 4.7, but I just could not give him a 5 or 1 star.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
DonT worry about rating , tell family member to take a minimum ride and they rate you 5 star, don't drive too slow, they late for work or late for meeting ,they will give you 1 star. Uberpool and surge is almost always give you low rate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New to Uber and Ive notice ratings are crap 1 in every 10 rides is unfavorable. I try to go out of my way to make the rider comfy.

Cant please everyone all the time, at this rate I'll have to take the course to get reinstated by my 100th ride.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Rating system burns my arse too. I too take pride and feel I give excellent service all the time. I am between 4.81 and 4.85 and I've searched high and low to see what, if any complaints and the "canned" one is always "navigation" something that is totally out of my control. The GPS goes haywire at times and I've download new App, reformatted my device, changed from Google to Waze and back again and all to no avail. Shid happens! When I tell Uber, they say navigation is just a tool I should know the area. I said wut, I pretty much know my area but am I supposed to know from Haverhill to Weymouth like the back of my hand? Sometime you have to rely on GPS and the Rider likes to see the device displayed and like to follow it!

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Yeah GPS is a tool, but you can't tell me that in an area like DC/ Annapolis/Northern Virginia/Baltimore where the pax are pretty fluid sliding from one area to another that taxi drivers have every single street in all those areas memorized.

I just love the pax how sit there huffing because "you should have turned there" when the sign clearly says no turning where they say you should have turned. This morning one was huffing because I didn't go straight down this one street. Nope because I already heard on the radio that 2 blocks of that street were closed due to a fire. Finally I was like ok you wanna go this way, fine. As we're sitting in traffic 3 blocks from where her destination she looked and said oh it's closed down there. I guess I'll get out here and walk down. Good call honey.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I went from a new econo box to a cheap but clean and spacious full size sedan that seats everyone comfortably . My rating went from 4.86 to 4.94. I am stil the same ahole so it has to be the car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah the hell with the rating system. It's really pointless. Uber should take a page out of Lyfts book and not even show it for the drivers, and show us the passengers rating

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive heard Uber forces you to pay to take a worthless class and test for reinstatement if your rating is below 4.6, seems like the system is rigged as in 35 trips 1 in 10 leaves a bad rating.

·
Registered
223 Posts
★NOTE: I'm a Full Time UBER Driver; 7-Days a Week @ 10hrs a Day.

★As far as Rider Ratings go,... I automatically start EVERYONE at 1-Star especially if, -UBER summons me 14-miles out for a .5-mile Rider. The way I figure it,... THAT Rider essentially has the length of the .5-mile ride to convince me why they deserve a 5-Star rating.

★Foreign Exchange Students. (1) No English? How did you pass the ESL Entrance Exam? Someone else take the test for you? (2) No Destination? What do you mean? You don't know where your off-campus housing address is? HERE. Let me take you to Apache Junction. (3) Listen. We're not in your "HOME" country. -I can't pick you up or drop you off in the median during rush hour traffic. Nor can I pull onto the sidewalk because, you're afraid of 5-seconds of Arizona sunshine. (4) Stinky Fish and Lemon Curry may be the standard deodorant in your homeland but, -take a shower with soap, is ours.

★SHOWERING in Cheap Cologne or Perfume is NOT an acceptable substitute for running water and soap. Riders who think this is an acceptable societal norm (SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE WATER) don't realize, they'll skew my next 5 Driver Ratings because future riders will complain about the stench; "Jeez. It smells like a NYC Subway in here."

★It's an UBER. It's NOT a taxi or fleet vehicle. It's someone's PRIVATE vehicle. If you're going to light up in my car,... I'm going to turn OFF the AC, roll down all the windows (I don't care if, its 108F outside) and, engage the child safety lock so, I can keep the car ventilated and smelling like roses for the next rider.

★It's NOT a sanitation vehicle. Please take out, whatever you bring in. Wiping your grimy hands on the seats instead of your shirt, stuffing used tissues in the seat pockets or, changing the kid's diaper and hiding it under the seat,... -will guarantee you a 1-Star rating for sure.

★Bad Day at work? Please keep it to yourself. I'm not your therapist and, I'm definitely not your dog or cat. Start griping about your life or workday and, - I'm apt to lose my concentration having been stuck in this car for 10hrs with dozens of strangers whose life, career and family situations are much worse than yours.

★Sometimes,... I'll get an "experienced" UBER Rider who gripes about,... -why they canceled the initial request, couldn't find a closer Driver and, re-requested me because, they had no other choice. Well, (1) EVERYONE has a choice. (2) Unfortunately, *I* don't get to choose my Riders. (3) Rider canceled the request because, they saw me going in the opposite direction on the app? Listen Up. -I'm not driving a vehicle from the Flintstones. I can't just pick up the car, do a 180 degree spin and, be on my merry way.

★I wish, I could give ZERO stars to Riders who've summoned me from 14-miles out, -only to cancel the request at 1.5-miles out.

(★) Ratings: ...stay tuned for the 2-Star upgrade :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts