Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The short of it is, they're deprioritizing ratings, presumably because they've finally realized how dumb the whole system is. But why don't they just--oh I don't know--throw out the 1's? In my experience, riders only rate 1 when they want to throw a fit for things like "didn't get my fast food stop without tipping", and 2-4 when a ride had legitimate issues (or maybe I just don't give total-disaster rides full of wrong turns and carsickness). So let them have their tantrum and feel like they're doing something, without threatening the driver's ability to drive. (You know, like rider ratings!)

Another thing that would raise my number to a level I consider more accurate would be dumping all ratings within 1 hour of local bar closing time, heh.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Where on the uber site does it address the change?

Just saw this on the app today. Are they serious? It's going to make each rating 5x more important and you can easily go below 4.6 with just one bad day!
Troll. I don't see this change anywhere

Just saw this on the app today. Are they serious? It's going to make each rating 5x more important and you can easily go below 4.6 with just one bad day!
I just emailed uber support and they said there will be no ratings changes

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Attached is the response I got from uber saying otherwise. Maybe it depends on the state you live in?
I sent uber another message. I'll see what they say
Come on, by now you should know that support finds out about changes last. This is nothing new. They find out well after the changes are implemented.

They still tell me I can see my rating on tje website. It's been what, 7-8 months since they changed that...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Come on, by now you should know that support finds out about changes last. This is nothing new. They find out well after the changes are implemented.

They still tell me I can see my rating on tje website. It's been what, 7-8 months since they changed that...
Tje website?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
CSR is not the most reliable. Mine told me no drivers have ever been opted out of pool then backtracked when I screenshotted other drivers with proof of being opted out

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Both Uber and Lyft don't do ratings right.

It should be exactly 1 calendar year worth of ratings and not a certain number of ratings.

There are events that happen only once a year and if you get a surge, it usually is accompanied with a low rating. To include the seasonal ups/downs of riders' rating behaviors, a complete 1 year sliding window should be used. 100 trips is a nightmare scenario that is only meant to terrorize the drivers.

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
Why ?
Why is Uber always screwing things up ?

They replied that they are testing out going from 500 to 100 ratings on certain markets. New Jersey is one of those markets
They WASTE MORE MONEY ON IDIOTIC TOYS !!?!

·
Registered
163 Posts
My ratings 4.86, it's going down to 4.72 in a few days because of this.

My last hundred ratings are not that great I guess. I mean... New Year's Eve, Thanks Giving, Valentine's Day, Christmas.. I took a LOT of expensive trips in the last 100 ratings and when folks pay 178$ for an hour ride they don't tend to give 5 star reviews.

I really feel ****ed up about the new ratings system. Seems unfair.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
My ratings 4.86, it's going down to 4.72 in a few days because of this.

My last hundred ratings are not that great I guess. I mean... New Year's Eve, Thanks Giving, Valentine's Day, Christmas.. I took a LOT of expensive trips in the last 100 ratings and when folks pay 178$ for an hour ride they don't tend to give 5 star reviews.

I really feel &%[email protected]!*ed up about the new ratings system. Seems unfair.
For this very reason, ratings of any driver should include a full year view as the baseline.
The last 100 rated trips should only be used to warn driver about significant deviations from the baseline.

lyft uses last 100 trips, but lyft riders rate almost 100% if the time.

Uber riders rate at most 35% of the time lately.
And usually the unhappy pax rate. Happy pax ignores ratings.
This dynamic puts the driver in a disadvantage already. Unless this is the objective, the drivers will be more tense and paranoid about bad ratings.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Great way to weed out poor drivers! way too many antz and antz with crappy service. had a pax recently who in 6 months of riding has NEVER been offered mints or water. ...so yeah 100 sounds right to cull the herd

1 - 20 of 35 Posts