Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Ratings help

Ratings 
435 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bogdan is here 
#1 ·
at the airport I frequently take pax to Uber is required to drop off at a certain section of the arrivals area. If you try to drop off at the departure area you risk a $50 ticket. Believe me, I know from personal experience, they love giving them out. My problem is when I tell pax where and why I have to drop them off at an inconvenient area, they say they will give me a 1 and they do. A few more rides to the airport and a 1 rating will cause me to be deactivated. I don't want to refuse airport runs as they often are good paying.

#3 ·
I appreciate your response but I am correct that I must drop off at arrivals. Copied from Uber:
RDU regulations for Uber partners
Per RDU regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.

• All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the arrivals level at "Prearranged Services" - Zone 1 at Terminal 1 and Zone 17 at Terminal 2
  • RDU asks that you promptly load/unload your rider. Additionally, according to RDU requirements, you should not be curbside for more than a minute
  • The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield. Get your trade dress here
  • You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "info" button that appears in your app
I personally know people who have received tickets. If I keep getting 1's for this I will be deactivated.

#4 ·
I appreciate your response but I am correct that I must drop off at arrivals. Copied from Uber:
RDU regulations for Uber partners
Per RDU regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.

• All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the arrivals level at "Prearranged Services" - Zone 1 at Terminal 1 and Zone 17 at Terminal 2
  • RDU asks that you promptly load/unload your rider. Additionally, according to RDU requirements, you should not be curbside for more than a minute
  • The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield. Get your trade dress here
  • You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "info" button that appears in your app
I personally know people who have received tickets. If I keep getting 1's for this I will be deactivated.
I'm sorry to hear about those regulations, we have it a little easier here in Chicago because the only thing we have to worry about is about pax walking from arrivals to departures even tho they just want to get picked up. Drop off is traditional

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.