Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Ratings help

Ratings 
434 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bogdan is here 
#1 ·
at the airport I frequently take pax to Uber is required to drop off at a certain section of the arrivals area. If you try to drop off at the departure area you risk a $50 ticket. Believe me, I know from personal experience, they love giving them out. My problem is when I tell pax where and why I have to drop them off at an inconvenient area, they say they will give me a 1 and they do. A few more rides to the airport and a 1 rating will cause me to be deactivated. I don't want to refuse airport runs as they often are good paying.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your response but I am correct that I must drop off at arrivals. Copied from Uber:
RDU regulations for Uber partners
Per RDU regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.

• All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the arrivals level at "Prearranged Services" - Zone 1 at Terminal 1 and Zone 17 at Terminal 2
  • RDU asks that you promptly load/unload your rider. Additionally, according to RDU requirements, you should not be curbside for more than a minute
  • The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield. Get your trade dress here
  • You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "info" button that appears in your app
I personally know people who have received tickets. If I keep getting 1's for this I will be deactivated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.