Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you have seen their ratings surge in the last couple of months, mine went from 4.6 to 4.8. Now I know the reason why and Uber has confirmed: Any non 5-star rating does not actually count towards ratings unless accompanied by a valid reason, such as the ones they give you a choice of. Even "Other" does not affect ratings. So a lot of passengers that just leave a low rating without specifying why will not get their wish.

However, the reverse is also true and this is very worrisome. I've had a number of passengers lately with ratings in the 4.5 - 4.6 range that were not worthy of even that. Total scumbags that should be somewhere around 4 or under now masquerade as solid citizens. So beware!!! I have started putting down "Attitude" on almost everyone I give a low rating on. This way they can't really figure out which driver it was...

I for one will try to stick to 4.7 or higher from now on.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
I don't know how many of you have seen their ratings surge in the last couple of months, mine went from 4.6 to 4.8. Now I know the reason why and Uber has confirmed: Any non 5-star rating does not actually count towards ratings unless accompanied by a valid reason, such as the ones they give you a choice of. Even "Other" does not affect ratings. So a lot of passengers that just leave a low rating without specifying why will not get their wish.

However, the reverse is also true and this is very worrisome. I've had a number of passengers lately with ratings in the 4.5 - 4.6 range that were not worthy of even that. Total scumbags that should be somewhere around 4 or under now masquerade as solid citizens. So beware!!! I have started putting down "Attitude" on almost everyone I give a low rating on. This way they can't really figure out which driver it was...

Fella, no 1 cares about rating any more.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

Didn't realize driver's took this seriously, if someone is rude to me I tell them not to be rude and not because of a rating, I just will not put up with that crap and they wil be asked to get out of the car, normally they apologize and all is fine, attitude changes we move on. Being a mini cab driver is the answer not an uber driver (should be the same thing but it's not)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It's your bread and butter... get used to it.
Let's be honest, if you can't handle people who have had a drink or more than you shouldn't be doing the job. Uber makes us rate the customer, like I have said it is stupid, who am I to rate someone it is pointless, if someone is rated below 4 should I not pick them up?, I wanna see how bad they are. So I pick them up and have never had an issue with someone rated below 4.

Some uber driver's have no idea how to be a cab driver, that is the biggest problem so how can those driver's rate anyone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are forgetting one of the reasons riders get a bad rating is they make you wait. This , more than anticipating bad behaviour is the reason I don't pick up low rated riders. Now with the 8 minute wait time, some of these people will absolutely stretch it out, and if you rate them low without a reason, you will not impact their rating. And having a few of these in a day will definitely affect your 10 hour driving time.

In any case I used to drive minicabs before Uber, and I've gotten to really appreciate the rating system. The only thing holding some of these mutants back is their fear of a low rating.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Yes I have gone to the dizzy heights of 4.92, was wondering why, I haven't been doing anything different. Back to 4.91 now after taking the piss out of some labour activists on election night! It was well worth it! :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You are forgetting one of the reasons riders get a bad rating is they make you wait. This , more than anticipating bad behaviour is the reason I don't pick up low rated riders. Now with the 8 minute wait time, some of these people will absolutely stretch it out, and if you rate them low without a reason, you will not impact their rating. And having a few of these in a day will definitely affect your 10 hour driving time.

In any case I used to drive minicabs before Uber, and I've gotten to really appreciate the rating system. The only thing holding some of these mutants back is their fear of a low rating.
For every reliable decent driver like you there are 3 bad uber driver's, there is my point. So how are the ratings relevant for the customers if a driver a, can't speak english b, gets lost c, has a bad attitude they are then asked to rate a customer lol.
For the driver's yes they have some relevance but when half of the uber driver's don't know what's what then the customer ratings are pointless hence I pick up below a four for that very reason (they are not reliable these ratings).

·
Banned
5,231 Posts

You won't be picking up anyone if you're too picky.
Uber model works like this-
You are an expendable fool and pick up anyone going anywhere for peanut rate.
Otherwise the algorithm gives jobs to other peanut farmers and you will be without peanuts for a while until you comply.
Happy farming.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Anyone wishing to pick up scum go right ahead.
That's what using the uber app is, we pickup some of the walkers from the pavements, they are not even allowed on buses.

I don't care about ratings, only about 10% of your riders give a rating, the ones that want to rate lower or give bad feedback always come forward, so the whole rating system is not a true reflection of our work.

Professional notes this week; Meant telling someone to behave, not drink in the car, don't touch my car stereo, I do not have Aux.

What I care or need is Money, that's what keeps my car moving.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those of us around after July 16th, there will be plenty of fish in the sea to choose from,and we can be picky, however we won't know the true nature of a mid-level rating unless we all understand to put a reason along with a low rating starting now. Let's not give those losers any more slack.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Anyone wishing to pick up scum go right ahead.
As u ve noticed, rating means nothing!!!!
Back in a days I had 3* pax better behaved than 4.8* pax.

Reason why?

Weekend booz can get pax a 3* rating, while Mon-Fri pax is good as gold.

On the other hand our judgment is different...

I have lgbt pax....his way of life is not my problem. Good behaviour 5*.

Now you have same pax in car where driver is coming with different attitude gets him 1* or 2*.

See my point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weekend booz can get pax a 3* rating, while Mon-Fri pax is good as gold.

On the other hand our judgment is different...

I have lgbt pax....his way of life is not my problem. Good behaviour 5*.

Now you have same pax in car where driver is coming with different attitude gets him 1* or 2*.
This may well be, I'd personally rather not take a chance. Enough good rated riders out there. And like you said even they are a handful sometimes.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts