Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the last 7 days my rating is 4.72 . I don't know why, but I've done less trips and more money . I noticed im averaging longer rides. maybe its luck. but im rejecting more pings.
im still at 4.91 overall..

im just getting worried. I noticed I don't chit chat anymore. I guess I lost my motivation to be nice to riders.
I do use waze more and take the side strides for shorter time but more miles. maybe some riders are noticing this and giving me a low rating?

also yesterday I did 4 rides and I have a 0.00 rating..

WTF?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
for the last 7 days my rating is 4.72 . I don't know why, but I've done less trips and more money . I noticed im averaging longer rides. maybe its luck. but im rejecting more pings.

im just getting worried. I noticed I don't chit chat anymore. I guess I lost my motivation to be nice to riders.
I do use waze more and take the side strides for shorter time but more miles. maybe some riders are noticing this and giving me a low rating?

WTF?
I'm in the same boat, but don't stress on it. I noticed that when giving high surge rides 2x or better my rating takes a dive. The 0.00 means no pax has rated you yet. My overall is at 4.85 over 500 trips

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the same boat, but don't stress on it. I noticed that when giving high surge rides 2x or better my rating takes a dive. The 0.00 means no pax has rated you yet. My overall is at 4.85 over 500 trips
also I don't provide water anymore or ask them if they wanna listen to music or if the air temperature was fine .

now all I do is pick them up, say a word or two. Depending on the people I talk to them for a bit etc...

I been getting super lucky lately. I like in the east side and work in west LA. so I wake up early around 6am and have been getting rides to LAX or santa monica,. so im getting to work on time with a decent ride already completed , I noticed the morning people usually go far

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
you need 5 ratings before Uber will show you any for the day, Uber does not want you to figure out who rated you.

4.91 is WAY above average and WILL come down, even if you do everything right.

you will get down rated on high priced rides, cheap ass pax just get pissed.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I noticed my rating was dropping weekly for last 3 pay periods. A 1 star when I did 2 rides that day and had no issues. Good rides and then you see the rider didn't rate yet and who knows if they will remember you and your great ride. I am watching mote careful with Indian riders. I get a decent amount of them during the week but they are picky from what I have heard. I hope the rating drop is just a weird time it is happening and not UBusER messing with those that ACRO.
I am .2 away from deactivation so it would have to be a meltdown by me or funny business from UBusER.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you need 5 ratings before Uber will show you any for the day, Uber does not want you to figure out who rated you.

4.91 is WAY above average and WILL come down, even if you do everything right.

you will get down rated on high priced rides, cheap ass pax just get pissed.
yeah I figured lol

I used to kiss ass to pax , now im just over it and want to get them to their destination

·
Registered
544 Posts

WTF?
pax who rate right away are the one's not happy with the ride.

pax who rate 5 stars will wait until the next ride. (unless drunk and passed out)

Give it a day or two and sometimes it changes. Honestly I don't think about the ratings anymore because every pax is different and I think some base it on emotion. It should always be based on these 3 factors. 1. Was the car clean? 2. was the driver friendly and professional? 3. was the Navigation to destination efficient.?

But then again Uber has created a class of entitled customers who expect a limousine service for less than a price of a bottle of water. What are you going to do?

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
also I don't provide water anymore or ask them if they wanna listen to music or if the air temperature was fine .

now all I do is pick them up, say a word or two. Depending on the people I talk to them for a bit etc...

I been getting super lucky lately. I like in the east side and work in west LA. so I wake up early around 6am and have been getting rides to LAX or santa monica,. so im getting to work on time with a decent ride already completed , I noticed the morning people usually go far
So you're doing less, offering less, talking less and you're surprised your rating dropped? What did you expect? A higher rating by doing less? Why don't you now go back to what you were doing before and see if your rating goes up

·
Banned
919 Posts
M
So you're doing less, offering less, talking less and you're surprised your rating dropped? What did you expect? A higher rating by doing less? Why don't you now go back to what you were doing before and see if your rating goes up
Minus the free water and shit. Never gave out water and above 4.8. I do talk to the pax if they want. That doesn't cost anything.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Stay on the main roads even if it's longer then the Waze route. Pax may not be familiar with a complex, side street route and assume your pulling a fast one on them with all the zig zagging. Keep with what they know. Street with bumps, narrow dark roads with constant stopping and turns may irritate them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Stay on the main roads even if it's longer then the Waze route. Pax may not be familiar with a complex, side street route and assume your pulling a fast one on them with all the zig zagging. Keep with what they know. Street with bumps, narrow dark roads with constant stopping and turns may irritate them.
Simple question to pax. "Do you have a preferred route? ..I'm Using google maps"

Most answer: "That's fine whatever is the quickest"
Then there are the *****es: "Do you have waze?" Answer "No, because of the suicide turns but if you want you can turn your app on and direct me"
Then time to time the real cheap ones: "I have a preferred route" I think they study the route because it is shorter in distance by 1 to 2 miles based on what google wants to do. * I don't know whether to praise them for being smart or kick them out of the car for reducing my fare..lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My rating for the past 2 weeks was 4.98 and 4.89 respectively. My average rating went down from 4.82 to 4.81. How is this possible? The thing is that some time ago, ~500 rides back, I probably had my rating more than 4.89, but ~450 rides back I most likely had a week with average rating below 4.8.
Do not think about it too much. Since I moved here from SF my rating dropped from 4.94 to 4.83 and keep going up and down. I drive plus, do not provide anything, do not talk to people. Greet them, say few words and chill unless they will start the conversation. Just make sure your windows are clean, have some good tunes playing and drive smooth (=save gas, make more money).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts