Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some certain rules that I go by whenever I pick up or drop off from either EWR or Newark Penn Station: Have the passenger sit in the front. To me, it is not worth the risk (although minor) to get $1000+ worth of tickets plus possible court time to make a few bucks.

So anyway, I check my weekly feedback summary today and got rated 4 stars or less by one of my passengers this past week. This comment read: “(My name) asked me to sit in the front seat to avoid receiving a ticket in Newark” What a dick! So, you don't want to sit in the front or take part in something that's borderline illegal in NJ? Then, GET LOST, GTFO, AND TAKE A YELLOW CAB!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Where do you see your reviews ? I did not know that was an option.
It's in your weekly summary e-mail that you get from Uber. It tells you how many 5 start ratings you received over the past 2 weeks, then they provide you with any quotes from riders that were left during the period and also any suggestions that Uber wants to throw your way. I received 28 out of 29 5 star and then 1 of the comments was regarding professionalism where "Professionalism Riders count on Uber for a comfortable, relaxing experience. They prefer for drivers not to promote other businesses during the trip" I was like huh what, what does that mean. I never talk about any other business and the riders always happy, even if they don't want to talk. I have 4.94 rating so if there were professionalism issues before I'm sure they would have come up. Sometimes the weekly summary isn't as informative as we would like, but that's just how they work. I just look at the information and take with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have some certain rules that I go by whenever I pick up or drop off from either EWR or Newark Penn Station: Have the passenger sit in the front. To me, it is not worth the risk (although minor) to get $1000+ worth of tickets plus possible court time to make a few bucks.

So anyway, I check my weekly feedback summary today and got rated 4 stars or less by one of my passengers this past week. This comment read: "(My name) asked me to sit in the front seat to avoid receiving a ticket in Newark" What a dick! So, you don't want to sit in the front or take part in something that's borderline illegal in NJ? Then, GET LOST, GTFO, AND TAKE A YELLOW CAB!
Since when does Uber tell you who made the complaint and what they said?

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts

So anyway, I check my weekly feedback summary today and got rated 4 stars or less by one of my passengers this past week. This comment read: "(My name) asked me to sit in the front seat to avoid receiving a ticket in Newark" What a dick! So, you don't want to sit in the front or take part in something that's borderline illegal in NJ? Then, GET LOST, GTFO, AND TAKE A YELLOW CAB!
I do the same re: asking them to sit in front, but I phrase it like this. "Would you feel uncomfortable riding in the front? ", with a short explanation about the police.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts