Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sporting a 4.9 for a while then all of a sudden I drop to a 4.86 and I have a comment for unsafe driving!? Impossible I drive as smooth as I can at all times. How many of these reports until Uber de activates you? I'm new I only have 116 five star ratings.... how easily can a rider get you deactivated?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
So I was sporting a 4.9 for a while then all of a sudden I drop to a 4.86 and I have a comment for unsafe driving!? Impossible I drive as smooth as I can at all times. How many of these reports until Uber de activates you? I'm new I only have 116 five star ratings.... how easily can a rider get you deactivated?
Read the article on ASU and the paper that is floating around about getting "free" rides by falsely claiming bad behavior on drivers

·
Registered
920 Posts
Here is a suggestion. Based on your avatar and assuming its a self pic, simply only do trips from Charlie's, Roscoes, Nu Towne, etc. and your guaranteed a five-star rating! ;)

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I went out for a bit this morning. Had a pretty good day, $137 gross, did 12 rides and had 6 five star ratings and these two comments:

"Wonderful man and very polite. Would use him in the future."
Thanks for helping my day continue with minimal stress. We made a great connection."

But I dropped from a 5.0 to a 4.8. Seems someone slapped a 1 on me and also commented on a lack of professionalism. Pretty sure I know who it was, but there's no sense sweating these a** holes. I do think even Uber can figure out the scam, so I wouldn't worry about deactivation as long as most of your feedback is positive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw my rating drop by 0.01 as the number of 5 star ratings when up by 8. One 1 star and 8 5 stars is a 4.56 average so brought down my 600+ ride average. Crap happens (bad pax) and nothing you can do about it but just don't worry about your rating so much.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Also, there's a lot of surge right now, and people will give you a crappy rating because they had to pay a higher price. So if it wasn't an ASU snob it, it may have been the other. When you have a low amount of rating like that though, just one 1* have bring you down a 1/2%, it sucks, but as long as you average above a 4.6 ever week, you'll be fine

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's going on all over even in Scottsdale & Downtown this past couple weeks my rating went from 4.95 to 4.92 but I don't care as long as I'm getting paid for all the rides I do:D:cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
The deal is you can't ever know why someone gives 1 * to a driver with a 4.8+ rating. Some people feel that driving the speed limit is unsafe because every other car is whizzing past them 20 mph faster. (I'm one of these people, but I'd never give 1 * for it.)

I had a 4.97 rating on 50 rated trips (I'm still new). I got dropped to a 4.89 because of a 1 * review on St Pat's. Every trip was great but there was one ******** in a 3 pax ride that asked for tunes. I asked what he wanted and he said whatever I had. Then complained about every type of music I put on. I even handed him my aux cord and he told me he doesn't have anything on his phone to listen to. So he's one of those people that just like to complain. When we got to the destination, the other two pax complimented me for being a good sport. The problem is I think the ******** was the one that requested the ride. But who knows it could have been one of the other 19 trips that night. Maybe sometime didn't like my air freshener. Maybe someone wanted a free ride (I never got a notice a complaint was filed though).

·
Registered
672 Posts
The deal is you can't ever know why someone gives 1 * to a driver with a 4.8+ rating. Some people feel that driving the speed limit is unsafe because every other car is whizzing past them 20 mph faster. (I'm one of these people, but I'd never give 1 * for it.)

I had a 4.97 rating on 50 rated trips (I'm still new). I got dropped to a 4.89 because of a 1 * review on St Pat's. Every trip was great but there was one &%[email protected]!* in a 3 pax ride that asked for tunes. I asked what he wanted and he said whatever I had. Then complained about every type of music I put on. I even handed him my aux cord and he told me he doesn't have anything on his phone to listen to. So he's one of those people that just like to complain. When we got to the destination, the other two pax complimented me for being a good sport. The problem is I think the &%[email protected]!* was the one that requested the ride. But who knows it could have been one of the other 19 trips that night. Maybe sometime didn't like my air freshener. Maybe someone wanted a free ride (I never got a notice a complaint was filed though).
I am a seasoned driver and I don't worry about my rating. The rating is a distraction to making a profit. I get paid the same on each ride regardless of my rating. The only time to worry is if you get a notice that you may be suspended because of your rating.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I am a seasoned driver and I don't worry about my rating. The rating is a distraction to making a profit. I get paid the same on each ride regardless of my rating. The only time to worry is if you get a notice that you may be suspended because of your rating.
I think if you hit 4.65 they'll suspended you. But it's okay for passengers to have a 4.22 :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
I was never a driver that held one of these unicorn ratings of 4.94. With uber x I would hit 4.84 and drop to a 4.83 consitantly. Mind you, this is bar close surge driving with pukers!

I went to XL when I decided on full time work. I bumped to a 4.86 consistently, the only change is vehicle and now I offer water.

My tips are through the roof, likely it's just using bait money and having a nicer larger vehicle.

Pro tip:how to get a higher rating

No odors, like airfreshners or perfume
Use window cleaner:car smells clean!
Vacuum vehicle daily
Wash vehicle at least twice a week
Keep convo light, no politics or religion!
Don't stare at hot chicks!
Be interesting!
Dress with a collar

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol i had a rider rate me a three yesterday because of my navigation. He was pissed i went to door 5 like the app told me to when he was at door one. He said either way, if I drove around to come back to him or he walked to me it would be more wasting of his time. Got in the car and started being pissy that uber would make him walk. Just follow the app dude.

·
Registered
79 Posts
lol i had a rider rate me a three yesterday because of my navigation. He was pissed i went to door 5 like the app told me to when he was at door one. He said either way, if I drove around to come back to him or he walked to me it would be more wasting of his time. Got in the car and started being pissy that uber would make him walk. Just follow the app dude.
I would of canceled the ride right there. No time for attitude. Thank you Mr/Ms customer, I have canceled the ride due to your attitude. Have a great day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts