Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be that you could go to uber dot com, select a city and see the rates for each service offered. That is no longer the case. They have taken them off completely and now only allow you to do a fare estimate. The only way you can see current mile and minute rates is to go to the pax app, put your pin in the area, tap the service then tap on "Min Fare" to see fare details. It is so hidden that pax have no idea what the rates are and I think they don't want drivers to know either so that they can move to flat rates.

Funny thing was, I had to agree to a fare addendum that had a url to the website listing the current fares which of course weren't there.

Thanks Uber, let me get ready for the latest shafting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It used to be that you could go to uber dot com, select a city and see the rates for each service offered. That is no longer the case. They have taken them off completely and now only allow you to do a fare estimate. The only way you can see current mile and minute rates is to go to the pax app, put your pin in the area, tap the service then tap on "Min Fare" to see fare details. It is so hidden that pax have no idea what the rates are and I think they don't want drivers to know either so that they can move to flat rates.

Funny thing was, I had to agree to a fare addendum that had a url to the website listing the current fares which of course weren't there.

Thanks Uber, let me get ready for the latest shafting!
I was also surprised about this but I found out you can see the rates if you ask for a fare estimate and then click the small question mark after the prize.

·
Super Moderator
15,789 Posts
I think it's a move by Uber to start charging pax what Uber thinks they can get away with, no more one rate fits all.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's still there but hidden and a pain in the ass to find. They are located on your city page under products. That is if you can find your city page. I bookmarked my city page and it redirects all my bookmarks to YouTube promo video. So to get back to the products page is a hassle. I think it's in an attempt to get rid of surge as we know of it. Demand pricing is still going to be around but they are moving to set fare price like pool

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least in Raleigh, it's no longer there. It used to be right on the top level when you looked at X

https://www.uber.com/cities/raleigh/

If I get a fare estimate and then click on the estimate, it will show me how much the miles and minutes are but that's buried way down!!! Point is, customers have little to no idea what these rides cost, when I tell them it's 80 cents a mile they are generally shocked. There's a good bit of room to raise prices but Uber does not see the need, they are intent on global domination.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry for the URLs below (but I do not meet the criteria to post links)

The list of city websites:
ubermovement com/city/

As for Raleigh, here is the site for the products that show the fares:
raleigh ubermovement com/products/

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the URLs below (but I do not meet the criteria to post links)

The list of city websites:
ubermovement com/city/

As for Raleigh, here is the site for the products that show the fares:
raleigh ubermovement com/products/
I get it BUT this is NOT a pax facing site. Our pax have absolutely no idea how much a ride costs. Don't believe me, ask the next one if they know what the charge is per mile. Uber is hiding this info from the pax so that they have the ability to manipulate as they see fit. They are doing flat rates in some places, pool in others, and who knows what's coming. What's important is that for a reason, Uber took this info off the Uber.com site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts