Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 1am this morning I logged off for the night, at this time, my rating was:

4.85 - I did a total of 125 lifetime trips - 87 trips rated and 77 trips 5 stars

When I logged in around 10am this morning, it had changed to:

4.82 - 125 lifetime trips - 88 trips rated and 78 trips 5 stars.

How can I loose 0.02 of a rating if someone rated me 5 stars?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Becareful who you choose change rating for rider. It can lead back to you again. Just a tip, don't pick the very low rider rating. We will know what type of rider they are. The ones with 4.6 and all the way below 3.5*. 4.6-4.8 still unknown but make them happy and pleasent being in the car. I had 3.5- 4.4 rider i always cancel to accept. When they are having attitude to you, you then know what rating you'll get, mark it and give that revenge lol

Last 2 weeks i was from 4.77 and now i am 4.84. From 180- 245 trips. I also have a small sedan car lol With 4 postive comments on my 5*

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think 3-4 would still give an average but if 1* will bring it down heaps. Since you only done 125 trips it is a big difference if 1 person rate you less than 5* do more and it will cover you up. I was like you before which i wrote on my post about 3-4 weeks ago. Eventually if you do lot of trips and keep the riders happy either you get not rated or mostly rated. I would not care now if some 1-2 idiot rate me less because the rest will boost you up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Who cares
Above 4.6 is all that matters

I laugh at those who work so hard to try to get 5 and brag on here

Very sad

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've done 37 trips so far.rated trips-22,5 star-16.my current rating is 4.38.I must keep atleast 4.5?I haven't receive any email from uber & still can go online.will my account be deactivated?i've completed all the trips nicely.no idea of what is the reason for this low rating!!!!

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
i've done 37 trips so far.rated trips-22,5 star-16.my current rating is 4.38.I must keep atleast 4.5?I haven't receive any email from uber & still can go online.will my account be deactivated?i've completed all the trips nicely.no idea of what is the reason for this low rating!!!!
Probably because you haven't done many jobs yet they havent said anything. Personality is the first thing that matters but How many surge jobs have you done ? And what kind of car your driving? These things defintley affect rating with many entitled riders

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was almost like you before when i started out. Around 50 trips my rating went down around to 4.64. Now i done 245 trips. I started to think briefly what went wrong and even no issue comment given by rider. I have a small car than most uber drivers out there and thinking about to stop driving and change my car. Unfortunately, i was wrong. It's about how you make them feel comfortable. Always think like rider. Now my rating went to the top with top drivers 4.83 but im on 4.84. I know i will get 1-2 per week who will rate me less than 5 or not rated but it doesn't stop me getting alot more 5*. I never open doors for them

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have a small car than most uber drivers out there and thinking about to stop driving and change my car. Unfortunately, i was wrong
I don't think you are wrong mate. Car is a major factor and car size is a sub-major factor, specially if it's two or more passengers

·
Registered
120 Posts
yes, you are right. I am aware it also effects the size of my car. As i said earlier i do get between 1-3 people per week who will rate me less than 5* i can't complain much but I keep striving my positiveness to overcome those few people at the end of the day after driving at least my rating goes up by 0.1-0.2 for which it got improved over time. Though I do have plan to change my car until i save up abit. do you think it's best idea to get finance and depreciate from tax or outright can also depreciate?

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Rubbish many people have a small car such a a corolla and have 4.9 and above
No one said there weren't any. There will always be lots of people that can maintain very high rating with any car with some luck of not getting moron riders and doing the right thing. But it easier with better cars . I think if uber gave stats on all small and larger car averge ratings of all drivers (no cherry picking and comparing cars of the same year models) I think it would be higher for larger cars and even higher for more premium expensive cars.

Maybe its more fair to say that its alot easier to keep high rating with better car than saying can't keep high rating with smaller car

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
But anyway assuming you have good personality and keep car clean you should be fine with any decent fairly new car. I really think the one thing that can affect rating the most is surge jobs. Especially if you do the bulk of them as surge.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I use Uber as a rider a fair bit, and I can tell you now there are heaps of cars out there that are dirty. Some you can't even see out of the Windows.

Makes me feel better because I wash mine daily.

Reactions: Derry

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's good if you can afford a good premium car and keep those rating 5* constantly. I only have a with what I got a small honda civic. I'm glad few riders mentioned how nice my car is, that's a positive sign (not all). I would not care if i don't reach to the top 4.9 or over. I know the techiques to go to that point which is why i am gradually reaching there overtime in future for which i was from 4.64 to 4.84 now. Last week, i got $50 tips from a rider :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts