Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a driver taking Uber rides, I feel obligated to give 5 stars and tip.

I've only taken two Ubers. One driver was really professional. long ride with some surge. I tipped him. 5 stars.

Other driver holding phone in lap trying to drive. Didn't know how to use the app. 5 star. tipped.

Just feel like being a driver kind of rude to down rate another driver. Especially if riding in market I drive in. Sarcasm 1 star all the other drivers so hopefully they get deactivated. More surge fares for me.

thoughts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a driver taking Uber rides, I feel obligated to give 5 stars and tip.

I've only taken two Ubers. One driver was really professional. long ride with some surge. I tipped him. 5 stars.

Other driver holding phone in lap trying to drive. Didn't know how to use the app. 5 star. tipped.

Just feel like being a driver kind of rude to down rate another driver. Especially if riding in market I drive in. Sarcasm 1 star all the other drivers so hopefully they get deactivated. More surge fares for me.

thoughts?
Sounds like you are also a good passenger.. rate what seems fair...based on your experience .
Unfortunately, not all drivers deserve a 5*

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Didn't know how to use the app and decided the best way to handle that is to fumble around with it in his lap? That's just dangerous. It's one thing to be fair, it's another to reward bad behavior. That's bad behavior and should be weeded out, but as a professional courtesy I would have advised him to get a $7 phone mount...

While I would never down rate drivers to get them deactivated, that is your competitor too, you know that right? If a driver is being unprofessional, they make all of look bad and you would benefit from his deactivation by desaturating the market.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't know how to use the app and decided the best way to handle that is to fumble around with it in his lap? That's just dangerous. It's one thing to be fair, it's another to reward bad behavior. That's bad behavior and should be weeded out, but as a professional courtesy I would have advised him to get a $7 phone mount...

While I would never down rate drivers to get them deactivated, that is your competitor too, you know that right? If a driver is being unprofessional, they make all of look bad and you would benefit from his deactivation by desaturating the market.
feel like other dumb drivers make me look good. imo pax only really care about saving $$s and feeling like they will live to tell the tale.

I did suggest a phone holder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts