Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you use Uber every day, or use it very frequently, and you know that the app does not accurately pinpoint your location, then contact the driver and tell them that. Don't get in the car and complain about the app and how doesn't pinpoint your location when you could easily contact the driver and tell him through text or phone call where you would like to be picked up. Especially when I have been sitting and waiting for the rider for several minutes and they finally call and say, "where are you? I'm waiting for you." This is AFTER I have attempted to make contact with the rider when I arrived, and they ignored texts and calls.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes, very frustrating. I sat in someone's driveway at 3am. Two girls run over from across the street, get in, and say "the app always takes drivers here". Then call me! Don't like sitting in stranger's driveways at that hour.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you use Uber every day, or use it very frequently, and you know that the app does not accurately pinpoint your location, then contact the driver and tell them that. Don't get in the car and complain about the app and how doesn't pinpoint your location when you could easily contact the driver and tell him through text or phone call where you would like to be picked up. Especially when I have been sitting and waiting for the rider for several minutes and they finally call and say, "where are you? I'm waiting for you." This is AFTER I have attempted to make contact with the rider when I arrived, and they ignored texts and calls.
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, very frustrating. I sat in someone's driveway at 3am. Two girls run over from across the street, get in, and say "the app always takes drivers here". Then f'ing call me! Don't like sitting in stranger's driveways at that hour.
I don't ever pull on a residential drive way do to that very reason. Be careful with these pax addresses in residential areas. I had a interesting run in with an aggressive homeowner when I first started. Long story short he didn't know what uber was and didn't care and I got the f*** out of there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't ever pull on a residential drive way do to that very reason. Be careful with these pax addresses in residential areas. I had a interesting run in with an aggressive homeowner when I first started. Long story short he didn't know what uber was and didn't care and I got the f*** out of there.
Yes. I learned my lesson.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Uber needs to put something in that asks the user to confirm that "Yes - I am actually at this address". I had to take a few trips in the last 2 weeks and none of them initially showed the address I was actually at until I manually entered it. I'm sure many passengers would just click yes, but at least some might spend a few seconds confirming the pickup is set to the actual address they are at.

And yes, every driver got a $5 tip from me!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Today I got a report of being unprofessional.

I guess because I couldn't see my rider on each occasion and had to call them.
One of them has her dads number which was a lot of fun.

But I'm the unprofessional one!!!
These were also all under $5 rides. Worth noting.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Last weekend, I got a request in Doylestown and proceeded to go to the pin. Little more than 4 minutes go by and the PAX calls and demands to know if I am coming to pick them up. "I'm at the pin, sir. Where are you?" "I'm up the street. When are you coming?" "Where exactly?" "A couple of blocks up." "OK sir, I'll be there in 2." By then five minutes had gone by so I rider no-showed him. Moron.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was reported today for professionalism and navigation today. Just simply because pax did not know how pool works... she kept poking on my shoulder because she couldn't speak any English and tried to redirect me the route she wanted me to take even tho I was on route to pick up a 2nd pax. When I pulled over to pick up the next person she exited my vehicle without saying a word... where do we complain? How can anyone just report someone for lack of ignorance. I simply blame it on uber for making it to easy for riders to get on the road. Where is their background check for our own safety? Where is their training video showing them how things work.... don't get me wrong, I'm not much for caring about stars, i usually just 5-star everybody that gets in my car, but this whole situation just irritates me.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
So may people in so many apartment complexes and they all pretty much have the same story. They put in the pickup address. I drive to the main office because that's where the navigation directs me and the pax can't provide any other info in the pickup address. It's also impossible for them to text me with a building number or any kind of hint as to their specific location.

Text a building number. That's all I need. There are thirty, forty, fifty or more buildings and all I have is the address to the front office. They don't respond to the phone call half the time and then, just as I am ready to time out and cancel, they call me, and want to know why I am not right there in front of them.

Then I have to play games with them like "just go straight down until you see the dumpster and then turn left" when there are four different gates and fourteen dumpsters and I don't think they have a clue about where I am or what entrance I came in.

Ok. I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I never answer my phone. I go to the pin - I wait 5 minutes exactly and if no one is there I cancel and collect fee. If it's a high surge I will call.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
I was reported today for professionalism and navigation today. Just simply because pax did not know how pool works... she kept poking on my shoulder because she couldn't speak any English and tried to redirect me the route she wanted me to take even tho I was on route to pick up a 2nd pax. When I pulled over to pick up the next person she exited my vehicle without saying a word... where do we complain? How can anyone just report someone for lack of ignorance. I simply blame it on uber for making it to easy for riders to get on the road. Where is their background check for our own safety? Where is their training video showing them how things work.... don't get me wrong, I'm not much for caring about stars, i usually just 5-star everybody that gets in my car, but this whole situation just irritates me.
UberPool is for Uber fools. Every time you accept a pool trip you are bending over for Uber to take advantage of you financially, hurting fellow drivers by reinforcing the idea to Uber that drivers will continue to allow themselves to be taken advantage of, and putting yourself in unsafe and unpleasant situations.

Only time I accept a pool ride is if I am really close, particularly if it's like a block behind me and navigation adds like 3 min to eta when I can just bust a uturn, be there quickly, and bail at 2 minutes. If they DO happen to be outside, just say, "Oh shoot... I just realized this was a pool request. I'm sorry but I don't accept them, as my profit margin is already razor thin. You are welcome to order me as an UberX". You may think that this strategy leads to conflict, but it doesn't if you deliver it right. Honestly, one of my most enjoyable and stimulating rides ever was from a young couple going from Sugarhouse area to Trenton area that I pulled this on. They ordered me as an X and we had the best time, discussing all things but really having a great conversation about our spirituality. When we arrived they ran in and came back out with a 10 spot and half a blunt. I don't smoke much weed and I made that last a week and change. Lol.

Moral of the story, don't take UberPool.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
One other suggestion... if you do decide you're going to cancel the trip after a customer in a location prone for missed connections makes you wait 5 minutes, accept the trip and check the destination. If it is a good fare then give the customer a call and try and figure it out. If it is an undesirable trip, just go to end trip. More often than not this will bring up the ride cancel screen and you can select no show. If it doesn't, it may actually end the trip as a min fare, at which point you can submit a fare adjustment. I would have missed a number of great trips had I not been doing this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
One other suggestion... if you do decide you're going to cancel the trip after a customer in a location prone for missed connections makes you wait 5 minutes, accept the trip and check the destination. If it is a good fare then give the customer a call and try and figure it out. If it is an undesirable trip, just go to end trip. More often than not this will bring up the ride cancel screen and you can select no show. If it doesn't, it may actually end the trip as a min fare, at which point you can submit a fare adjustment. I would have missed a number of great trips had I not been doing this.
How do you check the destination? Can you do that; without starting trip?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just FYI these riders are causing all this confusion and snafus because they are [email protected]#$ing LAZY.
They can manually enter the correct address instead of dropping a pin. I have told them countless times that for a smooth pick up drivers need the exact address, and then a map to your sofa!!

A satellite from a million miles away can only be approximate; especially in dense areas. But who's listening? As long as people are not penalized, they will not give a rat's ass.

These are not days of a strong sense of civic duty, looking out for one another and caring. These are days of Hunger Games!

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
[QUOTE="Priusgirl, post: 2119169, member: 51058"

These are not days of a strong sense of civic duty, looking out for one another and caring. These are days of Hunger Games![/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth! And it's only going to get worse. Elysium is another one that foreshadows the future, except the elite world won't be on another planet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Received a lyft request and as I am driving to the pickup location, I received a text message from pax asking if I would buy them alcohol and they'll tip me. I answered 'no' and shortly after, the pax cancelled the ride.
I contacted Lyft support about this and they sent me a canned response about their cancellation policies.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If someone asks these questions in any form. " where are you?" Or "I'm waiting" or "hurry". Cancel immediately, one of the first lessons I learned. It won't end well for you.
That's a fact! If the rider is running late, and your car isn't equipped with standard helicopter blades, everything's going to be your fault.

Someone else here said a quote that stuck with me: A failure to plan on your part, doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts