Uber Drivers Forum banner

Have you tried a LCHF Diet? 20 - 50 grams of carbs daily.

• Yes, for health reasons. It worked.

• Yes, for weightloss. It worked

• Yep, health reasons. Did not work.

• Yep, for weight. Did not work.

• Yep, simply wasn't for me.

• Nope, I'm vegan/vegetarian.(though still possible)

• Nope, thas crazy. 1 STAR 4 U!!! ME LOVE PIZZA.

• Currently trying, no feedback yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this lifestyle choice? How did you feel? Would you recommend this for any particular type of person, and not for others? I was vegetarian 4 years, vegan 2. I have eaten meat for about 3 years since then. Starchy carbs where the main part of both diets, along with meats and the booze patrol with friends (hardly now). Noodles, bread, quesadillas, fruit juice(organic or not), soda, snickers bars, ice cream, fries, chips, even sweet fruit.. all the good stuff worth living for. Unfortunately, the sugar has caught up with me a bit, not serious yet but I suppose it's time to start taking care of myself if I want to live to 90. Yeah, I'm cool with 90.

I am talking high fat more on the unprocessed side, along with an emphasis on non-starchy vegetables, lean meats with the exception of a good steak. I am also leaning more towards the strict "under 20 grams of carbs a day" for faster and added effect. Those of you that know, know.

Disclaimer: Yes, I have done some research on this. I just want to know if anyone here has experience with this diet. I've been reading it's great for diabetes and weightloss(which is good for diabetes). My doctor wants me to take some medication, even though he considers that I am only prediabetic, like 30% of Americans. My guess is he is assuming that I will not make a drastic shift in my diet, therefore needing the medication. Thoughts, please.

Again, 20 grams of carbs or less. Also, emphasis on average human beings. I understand athletes require much more carbs.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Ketosis diet.

Been on this for 4 months now. Lost 25lbs already. Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. Little to no sugar. No carbs. But because I'm Asian I grave rice so I give myself a little bit maybe every other day. My diet consists of protein red meat and chicken and seafood. Switch it up day to day. Ketosis feels good man. Sucks the first few days but your body adjusts from breaking down carbs for energy to using fat for energy. Every 2 -3 weeks I go on a 1 week fast of water or juice only. Your body repairs old damaged or injured body parts.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ketosis diet.

Been on this for 4 months now. Lost 25lbs already. Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. Little to no sugar. No carbs. But because I'm Asian I grave rice so I give myself a little bit maybe every other day. My diet consists of protein red meat and chicken and seafood. Switch it up day to day. Ketosis feels good man. Sucks the first few days but your body adjusts from breaking down carbs for energy to using fat for energy. Every 2 -3 weeks I go on a 1 week fast of water or juice only. Your body repairs old damaged or injured body parts.
That's so rad! Happy to hear that, man. Believe me, I feel you on that rice. Garlic butter rice with two fried eggs on top and a red pepper flake, garlic vinegar as a sauce. I said, god damn god damn god damn.

I am sticking to half a cup of coffee half cashew milk in the morning. Water all day, so far. No sugar with the exception small amounts of fiber rich low carb vegetables. Also, red meat and chicken. I am allergic to enough seafood to want to avoid it altogether. And bunch of leafy greens and some raw cabbage. Thanks for the info! I feel motivated.

Any thoughts on coconut flour for that special exception?

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I thought you looked thinner.

Can we have those deep fried wang fatz?? With the extra thick and creamy ranch sauce?

Warning sign for diabetes. It will affect your feet. If your feet go numb or if they tingle it's a sign of diabetes.

Diabetes affects your circulation. Lay off the sugar and take up cocaine. Much better for you

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Anyone have experience with this lifestyle choice? How did you feel? Would you recommend this for any particular type of person, and not for others? I was vegetarian 4 years, vegan 2. I have eaten meat for about 3 years since then. Starchy carbs where the main part of both diets, along with meats and the booze patrol with friends (hardly now). Noodles, bread, quesadillas, fruit juice(organic or not), soda, snickers bars, ice cream, fries, chips, even sweet fruit.. all the good stuff worth living for. Unfortunately, the sugar has caught up with me a bit, not serious yet but I suppose it's time to start taking care of myself if I want to live to 90. Yeah, I'm cool with 90.

I am talking high fat more on the unprocessed side, along with an emphasis on non-starchy vegetables, lean meats with the exception of a good steak. I am also leaning more towards the strict "under 20 grams of carbs a day" for faster and added effect. Those of you that know, know.

Disclaimer: Yes, I have done some research on this. I just want to know if anyone here has experience with this diet. I've been reading it's great for diabetes and weightloss(which is good for diabetes). My doctor wants me to take some medication, even though he considers that I am only prediabetic, like 30% of Americans. My guess is he is assuming that I will not make a drastic shift in my diet, therefore needing the medication. Thoughts, please.

Again, 20 grams of carbs or less. Also, emphasis on average human beings. I understand athletes require much more carbs.
My SO has tried it several times. Works for weight loss but he always gains it back and more.

If you do the traditional low fat diet and "cheat" with some ice cream it's no big deal. Just some extra calories that day and your overall nutrition is still ok.. If you cheat on a low carb diet with a sandwich you just had a very bad day and actually it seems to mess you up for the whole week.

Personally watching him I think it's useless. Personally I couldn't do it. I like fruit too much and even much of that is a problem on low carb.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
That's so rad! Happy to hear that, man. Believe me, I feel you on that rice. Garlic butter rice with two fried eggs on top and a red pepper flake, garlic vinegar as a sauce. I said, god damn god damn god damn.

I am sticking to half a cup of coffee half cashew milk in the morning. Water all day, so far. No sugar with the exception small amounts of fiber rich low carb vegetables. Also, red meat and chicken. I am allergic to enough seafood to want to avoid it altogether. And bunch of leafy greens and some raw cabbage. Thanks for the info! I feel motivated.

Any thoughts on coconut flour for that special exception?
That's good man. I still have my coffee fix in the morning and sugar is my coldstone flavored creamer lol but I limit my sugar. If I have the tooth for sweets, I have vitamin water zero for it.

Veggies is good and a must. But the thing with limiting carbs; when I work out I definitely feel a little more sluggish than what I would normally do when I have carbs in my body. But my body always adjusts. It's just difficult when you start off. Recovery a little longer but I noticed if I drink more potassium rich drink such as. Coconut water and of course more water, it expedites the recovery...

Optimus Uber

I'm soooooo due for a cheat day that consists of deep fried all you can eat wings dipped in saucy ranch!!! Lol where's XUberMike at

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
That's good man. I still have my coffee fix in the morning and sugar is my coldstone flavored creamer lol but I limit my sugar. If I have the tooth for sweets, I have vitamin water zero for it.

Veggies is good and a must. But the thing with limiting carbs; when I work out I definitely feel a little more sluggish than what I would normally do when I have carbs in my body. But my body always adjusts. It's just difficult when you start off. Recovery a little longer but I noticed if I drink more potassium rich drink such as. Coconut water and of course more water, it expedites the recovery...

Optimus Uber

I'm soooooo due for a cheat day that consists of deep fried all you can eat wings dipped in saucy ranch!!! Lol where's XUberMike at
uberalles60 is paying. Setup a time. Just waiting on when

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like everyone has said, yes it works but once you come off of it (and you eventually will), you will gain all the weight back. It's not a permanent solution. You need a lifestyle change to permanently lose weight. You can't just deprive yourself of carbs forever. Change your eating habits permanently. Do not overeat. Smaller portions, more and smaller meals, healthy snacks and exercise. No big secret.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Dieting made easy burn more calories than you consume. Eat 1500 calories burn off 1600 calories and the pounds will fall off
Sitting in a car for hours will make you fatter, I've gained weight since starting this but am working to change that.

Low carb is not a good option for me, it's a temp fix and you loose a lot of weight in the first two weeks because your body dumps a bunch of water when in ketosis. Best to just limit your intake and stay away from high sugar carbs that spike your blood sugar and make you hungry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ketogenic Diets are awesome. While it's difficult to start initially, because of the sour feeling from your body having to switch its fuel source from carbs to fats, once your body becomes fat adapted you have much more energy than you ever did on a high carb diet. Fats contain more calories per gram than carbohydrates. Great thing about ketogenic diets are that you aren't always hungry. It's not a matter of shrinking your stomach either, it's because your body produces lypids which will curb your appetite. Read up on Cyclical Ketogenic Diets. Not only will you lose weight, but it is actually much healthier than carb heavy diets. I have a decent amount of knowledge on this subject so if you have any questions I can forward you to the reading material you need. I lost about 25lbs of fat on a CKD (I was working out too, of course). Went from about 20% bodyfat @ 205.. to 11% bodyfat @ 190.. Very big difference in body composition.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts