Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in Hollywood, N La Brea, a busy street during the day but not at Sunday 9pm. I'm at the kerb, waiting on a pax who's not where he should be. There's a tap on the window. It's a chinese guy walking a ratty dog. "What are you, an Uber or something?" "Er, yes...why?" " You can't stop here, man," he says in a sneering tone. "You can't stop here, you know, just because you're an UBER." Yes, the kerb is red, but there are literally no other cars on the road. I search my brain for some tactful responses and come up with "Why don't you mind your own f**king business?" At this he gets really angry and punches my wing mirror which fortunately doesn't break, just goes flush to the window. Bruce Lee eats my fumes before he can do any more damage to my car. And my pax gets a cancel...he needs to learn it's a jungle out there!

·
Registered
966 Posts
um.... sounds rad dude.

Reactions: UberNorthStar

·
Registered
297 Posts
So I'm in Hollywood, N La Brea, a busy street during the day but not at Sunday 9pm. I'm at the kerb, waiting on a pax who's not where he should be. There's a tap on the window. It's a chinese guy walking a ratty dog. "What are you, an Uber or something?" "Er, yes...why?" " You can't stop here, man," he says in a sneering tone. "You can't stop here, you know, just because you're an UBER." Yes, the kerb is red, but there are literally no other cars on the road. I search my brain for some tactful responses and come up with "Why don't you mind your own f**king business?" At this he gets really angry and punches my wing mirror which fortunately doesn't break, just goes flush to the window. Bruce Lee eats my fumes before he can do any more damage to my car. And my pax gets a cancel...he needs to learn it's a jungle out there!
Would have loved to seen it on a dash camera, lol. But if the guy attacked you or your vehicle, you could probably file a report with the police. Just be prepared to make an excuse for parking in a red zone.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
"Okay, I will leave if another car comes" might have been a better answer, LMAO. I got pissed off at taxis one night. They were declaring an area outside of 2 popular bars was THEIR taxi stand even though it was NOT a designated taxi stand. I popped a cork and was yelling at him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts