Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I find it interesting that Plouffe suggests that the fact that the majority of partners work part-time on a flexible schedule inhibits them from receiving employee status. That position seems somewhat misinformed given that many companies hire and provide benefits to part-time employees who work on flexible schedules. More importantly, partners are operationally responsible for Uber's financial gains. It seems that there are some financial benefits Uber should be offering its labor force compensatory and/or entrepreneurial benefits it presently is not.
He should read the Department of Labor's recent guidelines for classifying workers as employees v. I/Cs. Has nothing to do w/ part time v. full time status or flexibility. They now focus more on whether the worker is an integral part of running the company's business. After reading the guidelines, it is as if they were written to classify TNC drivers as employees. Clearly, Plouffe needs to read them.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
TE="#responseuber, post: 407609, member: 23410"]Is it me or is Harry Campbell just and Uber shill?
Can't stand that guy and his dopey blog. Last comment I made about him though I got a warning from uberpeople.net and censored though. Interested to see what happens here.[/QUOTE]
Interesting.... why would they care? HMMMMM....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.