Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Click the link to go to the page then click on audio file.. it is about 28 minutes in length .. David Plouffe is a guest, a labor attorney is a guest, uberX drivers are guests (including TheRideshare Guy Harry Campbell) ....

http://t.co/z9qbyPDOlz/s/RatM
I find it interesting that Plouffe suggests that the fact that the majority of partners work part-time on a flexible schedule inhibits them from receiving employee status. That position seems somewhat misinformed given that many companies hire and provide benefits to part-time employees who work on flexible schedules. More importantly, partners are operationally responsible for Uber's financial gains. It seems that there are some financial benefits Uber should be offering its labor force compensatory and/or entrepreneurial benefits it presently is not.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I find it interesting that Plouffe suggests that the fact that the majority of partners work part-time on a flexible schedule inhibits them from receiving employee status. That position seems somewhat misinformed given that many companies hire and provide benefits to part-time employees who work on flexible schedules. More importantly, partners are operationally responsible for Uber's financial gains. It seems that there are some financial benefits Uber should be offering its labor force compensatory and/or entrepreneurial benefits it presently is not.
Well it'd be one thing if part time employees didn't get things like paid vacation (which many full timers don't get btw) but it's the things like social security contributions and workmen's compensation that all EMPLOYEES of a large company get, even if they work only 30 minutes a week.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you nailed it .. if there was one word to summarize this 28-minute radio segment, that one word would be FLEXIBILITY .. that's the main theme .. "Uber drivers are flexible, they work whenever they want" .. yet it has been proven in precedent that this argument is entirely invalid .. it is actually totally irrelevant.. when a driver LOGS IN to the Uber app that driver is now BEING CONTROLLED by the Uber app .. there are no gray areas here .. i worked at pizza delivery for many many years and the schedule was indeed flexible and i would even just go in on some days and work someone else's shift .. i was never considered an independent contractor .. once i logged into the computer i was deemed an employee .. and it was extremely FLEXIBLE

Uber is cheating on every pitch, cheating on every at-bat, cheating every inning, cheating every game, cheating all season long.. who is going to be surprised when their house of cards comes tumbling down?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
he is a very smart cat, and 100% Uber Shill yes yes indeed, he makes $ $ $ on referrals, and never says anything too harsh about Uber for fear that the ever-controlling Uber app will terminate him
Exactly. I never paid attention to him he drives in California not specific to my market. Found his information to be lame.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
He should read the Department of Labor's recent guidelines for classifying workers as employees v. I/Cs. Has nothing to do w/ part time v. full time status or flexibility. They now focus more on whether the worker is an integral part of running the company's business. After reading the guidelines, it is as if they were written to classify TNC drivers as employees. Clearly, Plouffe needs to read them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
TE="#responseuber, post: 407609, member: 23410"]Is it me or is Harry Campbell just and Uber shill?[/QUOTE]
Can't stand that guy and his dopey blog. Last comment I made about him though I got a warning from uberpeople.net and censored though. Interested to see what happens here.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
TE="#responseuber, post: 407609, member: 23410"]Is it me or is Harry Campbell just and Uber shill?
Can't stand that guy and his dopey blog. Last comment I made about him though I got a warning from uberpeople.net and censored though. Interested to see what happens here.[/QUOTE]
Interesting.... why would they care? HMMMMM....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I referred to him as a douchbag too though. I might have been reported by the original poster as well. I apparently was "confrontational"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts