Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got yelled at for refusing to allow a pax to carry a newborn in her arm. Slammed my rear door so hard I thought she broke the hinges. She called me a " cracker", then informed me how she hoped someone would "kill my cracker a**" while I'm driving tonight.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I took a serious rating hit when I told a pax that, by law, she needed to have her toddler in a car seat and I would not move the car one inch until she did so. She magically found a car seat and put the toddler in it so I continued the ride. She 1*'d me.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I got yelled at for refusing to allow a pax to carry a newborn in her arm. Slammed my rear door so hard I thought she broke the hinges. She called me a "F***king cracker", then informed me how she hoped someone would "kill my F***king cracker a**" while I'm driving tonight.
With the example she sets I'm sure her newborn will grow up to be a non bias hard working law abiding American citizen. On second thought we'll most likely see the newborn on an episode of Cops in 2032.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
A few days ago I got a Lyft Line request 15 minutes away...which I accepted since it was in the area I was headed to anyway. It said I should expect 2 people. I get there, it's 2 women AND a 1 yr old baby. I saw the baby and right away locked the doors before they could open them. I cracked the driver's window and handed her Lyft's carseat policy printed out with a coupon attached for a local Taxi service. Told her I couldn't take them without a car seat. Of course, no apology and she also claimed they were headed to the mall to GET ONE. lol

I said Sorry....I can't take you. So she asked "Will I get charged?" I said no, since no trip has begun....and then quietly mentioned that she may get a cancel fee. (I never know for sure with Lyft anyway....sometimes they apply the cancel fee....sometimes they don't) o_O

By then, 2 minutes was up....I cancelled No-show....and I got the $5 cancel fee. It wasn't until then that I remembered...that even WITH a baby seat....that made THREE (3) people! Sounds very similar to a major situation I had last year with almost the same exact scenario....but on UBER.
(I'll post the link here later if I can find that thread!) ;)

FOUND IT: https://uberpeople.net/threads/are-you-counting-this-as-a-person.82979/#post-1154371 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Call the local PoPo. Pretty much a threat.
For what? There's no threat. If there's damage then yes, and you'll be told it's a civil matter, then go nuts proceeding and collecting on it. Or in this case a person who isn't all there mentally spouted off a mean hypothetical. Big deal, drive off.

Why people voluntarily deal with the police over dumb minor confrontations and non threatening conflicts is lost on me. A huge waste of time for their own ego and water cooler story, when they could just end it and go make money.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
For what? There's no threat. If there's damage then yes, and you'll be told it's a civil matter, then go nuts proceeding and collecting on it. Or in this case a person who isn't all there mentally spouted off a mean hypothetical. Big deal, drive off.

Why people voluntarily deal with the police over dumb minor confrontations and non threatening conflicts is lost on me. A huge waste of time for their own ego and water cooler story, when they could just end it and go make money.
If the damage is willful enough it can be criminal vandalism.

IE scratching the car by carelessly loading luggage is most likely a civil matter.

Keying someones car can be classified as criminal vandalism.

Having a police report for some of this can be a huge help when it comes to getting money off someone.

A few days ago I got a Lyft Line request 15 minutes away...which I accepted since it was in the area I was headed to anyway. It said I should expect 2 people. I get there, it's 2 women AND a 1 yr old baby. I saw the baby and right away locked the doors before they could open them. I cracked the driver's window and handed her Lyft's carseat policy printed out with a coupon attached for a local Taxi service. Told her I couldn't take them without a car seat. Of course, no apology and she also claimed they were headed to the mall to GET ONE. lol

I said Sorry....I can't take you. So she asked "Will I get charged?" I said no, since no trip has begun....and then quietly mentioned that she may get a cancel fee. (I never know for sure with Lyft anyway....sometimes they apply the cancel fee....sometimes they don't) o_O

By then, 2 minutes was up....I cancelled No-show....and I got the $5 cancel fee. It wasn't until then that I remembered...that even WITH a baby seat....that made THREE (3) people! Sounds very similar to a major situation I had last year with almost the same exact scenario....but on UBER.
(I'll post the link here later if I can find that thread!) ;)

FOUND IT: https://uberpeople.net/threads/are-you-counting-this-as-a-person.82979/#post-1154371 :rolleyes:
Next time this happens you can report it as just "having too many passengers, and you can get the cancel fee 100%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts