Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a day last week where I got 10 1 dollar uber rides in a row and threw my placard out the window and went back to Lyft only. I'm hitting power driver 20 percent this week and avg 180-200 a day driving 8 hours 9-5pm. Don't do the drunk patrol as this is really more part time for me right now and want to be with wife at night Friday Saturday. I love Lyft. I generally get an additional 20-30 dollars in tips a day after my 180-200. Can't wait to get all my Lyft fees back. Just mad I didn't get my glowstache. Honestly might buy one

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao it's not that way in Orange County that's for sure. 1.25 rides are standard. Never again. *** uber. All about Lyft now. Not to mention I make 20-40 in tips from an 8 hour shift

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
If hardcoring Lyft, be VERY very wary of the updates... Casuala might not notice much, but the majority of Lyft issues/ratings/complaints occur in a 2-3 day period after a major update...which tends to royally bugger up navigation and misdrop pins

Pissed off riders with a couple cancels to start their experience, followed by you arriving in the "wrong" spot = second guessing everything and moody and complainy

·
Registered
332 Posts
If hardcoring Lyft, be VERY very wary of the updates... Casuala might not notice much, but the majority of Lyft issues/ratings/complaints occur in a 2-3 day period after a major update...which tends to royally bugger up navigation and misdrop pins

Pissed off riders with a couple cancels to start their experience, followed by you arriving in the "wrong" spot = second guessing everything and moody and complainy
This happened to me 3 days ago, after the latest update. My Google Maps GPS failed to find GPS satellite, kept searching, it royally threw me off my mojo! and it went on all day.....
Today it was fine, I don't know if it was due to weather or what not.
I only drive Lyft, haven't driven for Uber for a month now.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
This happened to me 3 days ago, after the latest update. My Google Maps GPS failed to find GPS satellite, kept searching, it royally threw me off my mojo! and it went on all day.....
Today it was fine, I don't know if it was due to weather or what not.
I only drive Lyft, haven't driven for Uber for a month now.
Update. Same days, same nonsense

Did like 50 rides with various GPS chaos...threw pins to neighbouring streets up/downhill and all sorts of other fun stuff

Rating 4.9 >>>> 4.65.... And not a single comment; just pax venting frustrations

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After uber takes their bullshit fees etc and gas driving its 1.25 a ride. Never again unless uber is 3x. Drove 4 hours today on Lyft with powerdriver bonus I cleared 105 and with tips 125. No uber. Going to dinner Korean bbq tonight with wife family than gonna grind out 9-2am. Should be good night. Tomorow hitting the 8-11 peak hours and than grill chill beer

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lyft is way worse than Uber...Lyft hides the surge and then cheats you out of getting paid a surge. I wait 15-20 minutes between pings for a Lyft ride that winds up being 8-12 minutes away. On Uber I wait 3-4 minutes for a ping 3 minutes away. I drive the busiest area of Chicago. Lyft is garbage, all that said... Uber is garbage as well, but Lyft is way worse.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would say when Lyft first comes into a market where Uber rules, it starts off being the nicer and gentler rideshare company. As it grows and saturates the market with more drivers, the relationship between drivers and the company starts deteriorating and this is why you see much more disgruntled drivers in seasoned markets rather than newer ones.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I would say when Lyft first comes into a market where Uber rules, it starts off being the nicer and gentler rideshare company. As it grows and saturates the market with more drivers, the relationship between drivers and the company starts deteriorating and this is why you see much more disgruntled drivers in seasoned markets rather than newer ones.
That how they start,I heard Uber was a really good company to drive for at one time.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I did the same months ago... Gotta admit Lyft is much slower here in SoFla than Eewber but I don't mind and haven't noticed that much of a difference on my pay

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
After uber takes their bullshit fees etc and gas driving its 1.25 a ride.
Orange County minimum fare is $4.95. Take away booking fee of $1.95 and that leaves $3. Take away Uber's 25% (max) and that leaves $2.25. You have to stay under 2.25 miles before you start making more than minimum fare (at an average 20 mph).

At $2.65 per gallon, and a paltry 20mpg in the city, you're still netting $2/ride before any other amortized depreciation and maintenance which protects some of that $2 from being taxed.

That doesn't make Uber lovely - they still suck. Lyft's minimum of $5 doesn't include their trust fee, so your minimum on Lyft in OC is 3.75, or a whole $1.50 more per ride.

Yeah - I'd turn off Uber in a heart beat.

Reactions: MattyMikey

·
Registered
971 Posts
Saying Lyft is better than Uber is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Yes, Lyft is far superior to Uber. In app tipping. Nicer riders. Longer distance fares. Power Driver Bonus nationwide.

It's a really low bar to be able to say you're a ride share app better than Uber.

Uber is the scum that scum wipes off it's shoes. That is why it's called Ewwber.

When Lyft grows a pair and charges $1.25/mile instead of trying to stay 5¢ under Uber in each market, it will get me back on the road. Until then, I use my anonymous FaceBook account to price shame them on every single ad they run begging for drivers.

That does two things for me. It reduces the amount of drivers that sign up, and it lets people know drivers are way underpaid.
Bonus, it pretty much makes them sorry they advertised.

·
Registered
187 Posts
All I read on this board is is how awful these companies are, yet you guys still drive for them. That's confusing to me.
It is the most flexible job there is. Nothing compares. Also, some people are masochists.

Lyft is an entirely different beast than Uber, to be sure. When I first started with Lyft, I tried to treat it just like Uber and nearly crashed and burned because of it. This may sound weird but, if you believe in Lyft, take good care of your passengers, stay logged in, and get your 20% power driver bonus, something happens. You turn a corner and it is like Magic, it works. My acceptance rate is 100 percent on Lyft, I get PDB every week, and I would tell anyone that Lyft is a company 100 times better than Uber. I just hope they can survive this price war long enough for Uber to fail.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts