Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
986 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Michguy01 
#1 ·
I have just left my phone in an uber, I have emailed uber and I am waiting for a response. My question is if you leave a phone in the uber and the next customer picks steals it is there any sort of compensation? I guess there is no way of proving you left your phone in the car but I don't know users stance on this.

#3 ·
If you left it behind and it is stolen, it's on you. Uber can/will do nothing.

There is no automatic compensation to the driver for returning it so how he reacts to finding it varies. Some will drop it somewhere like a police station, some will return it hoping for a tip for their losses from your mistake, others will frisbee it off a bridge.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Let us know what happens. I'm no snitch. :p It is a driver's job to remind pax to take their belongings or check the back seats. It is also the driver's job to get the property back to the pax before they call the police. Give it back to the pax, drop it off at the office or police station. You're going to have a problem explaining why you didn't return it earlier, they've heard it all and won't believe you.:oops: I returned a phone thinking it's worth a $20 tip, deadheading both ways right, got $5 and a thanks. :rolleyes: [No one has left anything after that, it won't happen again.]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.