Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off my car for service at the dealer and took a lyft back home, the driver was cool enough, but %80 of the drive he kept texting, while driving most the time, i didn't even see a phone holder in the car he kept it in his lap the whole time, I'm not gonna tip, want your opinion on the rating and weather or not to report this back to the mother ship. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I dropped off my car for service at the dealer and took a lyft back home, the driver was cool enough, but %80 of the drive he kept texting, while driving most the time, i didn't even see a phone holder in the car he kept it in his lap the whole time, I'm not gonna tip, want your opinion on the rating and weather or not to report this back to the mother ship. Thanks.
I'm sure he was sexting

·
Registered
748 Posts
Report it. People like that have no consideration of others. Get him of the road before he hurts someone.

·
Registered
363 Posts
1 star, that is pretty ****ing dangerous. I almost got hit by one of those ass holes. What was worse was that i wasnt even on duty it was with my family. After that i never touch my phone while im driving, unless its to hit accept, cancel, or navigation

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, gave him 2stars, and put texting while driving, Lyft said they'll call me in 24 hours, then i took another lyft back to the dealer this guy also didn't have a phone holder just kept it inside the cup holder no texting but had to keep taking his eyes of the road to look at the GPS, both these drivers were in their mid 20s,i must be just getting old.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
1st of all don't be a little &%[email protected]!*ing snitch.

Second of all, this is something you should have confronted him about right then and there, not after the fact the trip is over.
Not everyone is OK with being a policeman.

Texting while driving is against the law in NY and its a good law at that (I know, a rarity!)

The driver should know better. This isn't a case of being unaware to the rules. It's blunt disregard to others safety. Period.

Some things shouldn't be ignored or covered up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.