Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
at this time of the morning, i would not wait in JFK... theres plenty jobs available in Brooklyn and Manhattan.... why waste your time in JFK unless you dropped off and get an instant ping?

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Even 3 or 4 hours. The driver that are doing the drop off have the priority. It's a waste of money and time if you stay there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dropped someone off and relied on the instant ping but no cigar. So ill wait another 30 mins and see if it goes down. Started to wait at 710am (uber queue is now at 86 and lyft at 49)

First and last time i wait at jfk, 2 hrs wait for a lyft line going only 4 miles away..... lesson learned

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
I think instant ping stopped. Dropped off all week. Guess my luck ran out.
It still works but depends from the time and the terminal. Usually between 9am and 12pm there is no too much traffic coming in. After there is the arrival of the wide body mostly from Europe and there is an increasing of requests.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is what i do to get insta pings. I drop off. Leave the terminal area and exit at the return to terminals exit and return. Works all the time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what i do to get insta pings. I drop off. Leave the terminal area and exit at the return to terminals exit and return. Works all the time.
Thats what i did today twice and i saw the queue was a bit low so im like wth lemme give it a try since i never waited before.... but i guess i learned my lesson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts