Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--I am a new Uber driver. Have only worked three days and done a dozen trips or so. I still keep coming up with so many questions that I didn't see mentioned on the Uber site. I have gone onto Youtube to watch some videos about driving for Uber, which was fairly helpful, and I have also done some Google searches to bring up some text articles on the same subject. Just found this website today, and I am thinking that I can probably find some answers here. It is, of course, possible that I have just overlooked some of these things on Uber's website and FAQ page, but here goes:

1. I can't seem to figure out how to contact Uber if there is some serious problem. Can someone tell me how to do that.

2. Regarding drivers waiting outside a pickup location for over five minutes, is it really OK to cancel the trip then--I mean cancelling by the driver, not the customer? And if so, does the customer get charged for that, and does the driver still get some sort of compensation?

3. This is probably pretty dumb, but I have taken Uber as a passenger a number of times, and I have tried to find out my passenger rating just out of curiosity, but I can't seem to find it. How do I do that, if possible?

4. Regarding passenger ratings, I was reading an article on the Huffington Post that mentioned that Uber drivers can choose to cancel out on trips with passengers who have a low passenger rating. Is that true? That didn't sound accurate to me. Any ideas on that?

5. How are riders supposed to be aware that giving an Uber driver a 4-star rating rather than a 5-star rating is basically giving him a "failing" grade. If a certain Uber driver got only 4 stars each time he drove someone somewhere, he would basically at some point just stop getting requests from Uber right? In my book, I think that four stars out of five is pretty good, and I think that there are a lot of other people out there who would think and feel the same way. Do you think that it is better to inform passengers of the importance of and the ins and outs of the Uber rating system, or is it better to just say nothing. From what I have read and heard, it seems that there are proponents for both of these methods out there.

OK, I will leave it at that for now. If some of you could help me with some of these questions, I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

The Connecticut Kid

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
1. I can't seem to figure out how to contact Uber if there is some serious problem. Can someone tell me how to do that.
It depends on what type of issue you are having. If it was with a ride then just open up your app and go to Help. From there it brings up the last trip. For an issue with an earlier trip just hit view more trips. From there you have plenty of options to choose from.

2. Regarding drivers waiting outside a pickup location for over five minutes, is it really OK to cancel the trip then--I mean cancelling by the driver, not the customer? And if so, does the customer get charged for that, and does the driver still get some sort of compensation?
Remember, your time is money as well. If you get there and the passenger knows you are there then they should be waiting. I usually give them about 2 minutes then call just to let them know that I am outside. If they don't pickup then try calling back in another minute. At 5 minutes you then cancel the trip as rider no show and you get the cancellation fee, which the rider will be charged. You have to wait for the 5 minutes though. You may want to wait an extra minute just to make sure.

3. This is probably pretty dumb, but I have taken Uber as a passenger a number of times, and I have tried to find out my passenger rating just out of curiosity, but I can't seem to find it. How do I do that, if possible?
You can check the riders passenger rating by hitting the info button on the upper right corner of the screen. Passengers cannot see their own rating, but you can let them know what their rating is by looking it up for them.

Good luck and check the forums for your area, they usually have some good information as well.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If you have a serious complaint with a passenger, you can get help through the app.
If you remember the trip, click on it and follow the help link.
You will get an email. They you can rate how helpful "Jimmy" was with your complaint.

I've only done that 3 times, but I waited 15 to 20 minutes with a couple of calls. I got 4 bucks for each.

Go pick yourself up? I don't have the rider app no idea how it works.

4. Regarding passenger ratings, I was reading an article on the Huffington Post that mentioned that Uber drivers can choose to cancel out on trips with passengers who have a low passenger rating. Is that true? That didn't sound accurate to me. Any ideas on that?
Not something I would choose to do, but I canceled a trip after I dropped off the passenger. I had a problem with the driver.

5. How are riders supposed to be aware that giving an Uber driver a 4-star rating rather than a 5-star rating is basically giving him a "failing" grade. If a certain Uber driver got only 4 stars each time he drove someone somewhere, he would basically at some point just stop getting requests from Uber right? In my book, I think that four stars out of five is pretty good, and I think that there are a lot of other people out there who would think and feel the same way. Do you think that it is better to inform passengers of the importance of and the ins and outs of the Uber rating system, or is it better to just say nothing. From what I have read and heard, it seems that there are proponents for both of these methods out there.
That is the only issue I have. What if I run into a group of people so unhappy the all give me 1 star, because they have complaints with billing.
I had a discussion with 2 women from California. I told them about the "no tipping" complaint here. Maybe they were bad passengers in California and deserved to be 4.8 riders.

·
Registered
966 Posts
1) Uber support email address or through the APP after a trip.
2) Don't wait longer than 5 minutes. Call the PAX around the 3-4 minute mark and if they still don't show up after 5 cancel and collect your money. You don't get paid to wait.
3) Ask the driver next time you get a ride...
4) Want to cut down drastically on issues with PAX? Don't pick up anybody below 4.6. Don't pick up anybody below 4.8 after 9pm. They get rated low for a reason.
5) Forget about your ratings. Mine go up and down. Yours will too. If you pay attention to them you will go absolutely mad!

Reactions: Drvn4mygirlz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts