Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30 days after your first trip, you're required to apply for a business license and do some other stuff.

1) If I never apply for these things, will I get to keep the money I earned in that beginning 30 day period? Or will uber somehow take it away from me?

2) once I reach that 30 day mark, will my driver account be deactivated or unable to drive until I do fill out those applications?

Question 1 is much more important to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am fairly sure you get to keep all money made the first 30 days. Uber will just deactivate you if you wait too long.
I was in uber office one day and Kansas City had made uber deactivate some drivers until they got their proper permits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am fairly sure you get to keep all money made the first 30 days. Uber will just deactivate you if you wait too long.
I was in uber office one day and Kansas City had made uber deactivate some drivers until they got their proper permits.
That is for drivers that live in KCMO. Drivers that live in Kansas have fewer requirements.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Doesn't matter if you live in Kansas, you still need business lic, livery permit and regulated industries permit. KC Police are writing tickets now for not being in compliance. Saw a driver at airport terminal b last week get arrested and his car towed for not being in compliance with regulated industries. if you check, you will find that you also need a permit to pick up in Gladstone, Riverside, North KC. They are not enforcing this yet, but who wants to be the poor sap that gets his car impounded. If your using the app, and are not in compliance, they charge you with illegal taxi operation, fines can be over $1500, and suspension of any permits being applied for. The business lic is less than $20 and takes less than 20 min, the nice lady that works that office is very helpful and the process is really easy. The only thing that Kansas drivers don't have to get is a class e drivers lic ( what used to be called a chauffeurs permit) You also have to get your car inspected and turn in a DOT medical form to regulated industries. Even a new car will need an inspection, I took my to dealership, they did it for free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In ks they dont want u to have a liscense in another state. I know this because when i moved here they told me & cut up my MI liscense. How would u get a MO liscence? Do they not enforce that? They wont cut up my ks liscence will they? How do i get a MO liscence with a home address in KS?

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Drivers licence and TNC license are different "cards"

So you get your KS drivers license, then get your KCMO TNC license.

Pretty much KS just rides on the coat tails of MO. Since MO requires all of this stuff and it is all part of the same metro area, KS doesn't double the effort.

Not sure how this works for Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence, etc. If you only work in those markets and never go to MO, then are you required to do the MO Business License stuff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts