Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello UberPeople,

I was wondering if there was a list anywhere with the past Lyft promotions given to new and referring drivers for the platform? Reason I ask is because I signed up a buddy on to the platform, and when he signed on the bonus was listed at $500 for the new driver, and $500 for the referring driver.

Well my buddy finished his 100 rides today and I get an e-mail from Lyft saying that the bonus we are both getting is $350. I am currently e-mailing them and they are telling my that my buddy signed up after the $500 promo was over because it was for the first 1000 new drivers. This sounds like BS however, since the Los Angeles market has always (for the most part) been a $500 new driver promotion market.

Any info regarding a list or official posting of last month's promo being at $350 (as I thought $500 was standard in LA) or some feedback from someone who has been in a similar position would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
WHEN I did it a month ago for $750/me $1,000/referrer, as soon as I signed up it sent me a dedicated email saying 75 trips for $750, so no price confusion. Also said 750 in app

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
May-June, it went as high as $2000-5000 yes thousand for promos in LA

Was this guy possibly "orange county"? (Lyft says plenty of places like LONG BEACH, Wilmington, San Dimas, Azusa, even San Pedro afair are Orange County)

It seems to depend on address on your license. Or just see what promos your buddy is getting, 1 ride guarantees and invites to drive Newport and Laguna or Angels Stadium (OC), or lots of LA county locations but conspicuously missing Long Beach?

Hello UberPeople,

I was wondering if there was a list anywhere with the past Lyft promotions given to new and referring drivers for the platform? Reason I ask is because I signed up a buddy on to the platform, and when he signed on the bonus was listed at $500 for the new driver, and $500 for the referring driver.

Well my buddy finished his 100 rides today and I get an e-mail from Lyft saying that the bonus we are both getting is $350. I am currently e-mailing them and they are telling my that my buddy signed up after the $500 promo was over because it was for the first 1000 new drivers. This sounds like BS however, since the Los Angeles market has always (for the most part) been a $500 new driver promotion market.

Any info regarding a list or official posting of last month's promo being at $350 (as I thought $500 was standard in LA) or some feedback from someone who has been in a similar position would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Hi,

I dont know if this is accurate or helpful, but I found the remnants of a deleted craigslist ad in google's search index.

You'll see in the attached screenshot there is an old craigslist post dated 09-May-2016, with a title of:

$350 BONUS for New Lyft Drivers
Craigslist › losangeles › lac › lbg
Mobile-friendly - May 9, 2016 - Lyft is changing the way we get around our cities, and we need your help to make it happen!
You can duplicate my google search by CLICKING HERE, or by searching google for this search term (copy-n-paste the whole url):
Code:
https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/214216667-Refer-New-Drivers-for-Double-Sided-Rewards
Jay

Referral_Bonus_Google_Results.png

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
You can look at each referred rider in the Dashboard , it will show you progress and the bonus amount as well as required rides etc..
It's really nice to track as I tend to always have 1 or 2 referrals working on getting their bonus at any given time. On Uber it sucks because they really don't give you any way to track your referrals (at least that I've noticed)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hello UberPeople,

Regards.
When someone signs up under your code you both get a confirmation email with the amount of bonus. Use that for confirmation. If you don't have it, you've now learned not to delete it in future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts