Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what happens when you are driving a suburban with one pax in the front and 3 pax in the back seat while you are on your way to pick up a 5th pax ?? the pax in the back have to get off your SUV so the new pax can sit in the third row?? lol im curious.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yeah, happened to me the other day. Had to get out in the middle of the street on 6th ave so the driver can push the seat back and all...Ticket waiting to happen

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
That independent drivers union needs to target Via for their scam payments

Expanding their service to the 3 major airports, while not paying anything close to competitive rates

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I took a Via once where the suburban driver had one of his middle-seats taken out. So easy access to back row.
Captain's Row seats, I think they are called. More convenient to get to the 3rd row than a bench.

Depends when I was working for them I net around 350 but I have no commission because I have captain seats but it a lot of driving so I stop
I wrote a post where I said VIA pays very well in rush hours ($35 to $55 per hour, 10% commission) and I drive VIA in rush hours unless I get an appointment that's going to pay that rate with less driving. If I do all 5 rush hours, I can get $175 to $200. VIA income really helped me when I was new with a vehicle and other drivers were complaining business was slow.

In non rush hours, I turn off VIA, rest, then look at how I can otherwise maximize my income.

To each his own, but VIA is light years ahead of UberPool. All pickups are on Street corners, everyone really is going the same way, so very few complaints and 95% of VIA passengers are professionals so passengers are either quiet or chatting happily.

Will I do it full time? No, but at least VIA recognizes that drivers have other income streams and still pays well in rush hours even when business drops off.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Yeah, happened to me the other day. Had to get out in the middle of the street on 6th ave so the driver can push the seat back and all...Ticket waiting to happen
Da fuq? Can't the driver just cancel additional trips like on uber pool? Or always have the back row up?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
How is that scam; it's just business?
it's a scam because they are not providing you an "in-house car," but are paying you as such

You shouldn't be asked to take 2 passengers from Brooklyn to the UES and then to Newark airport, but then be compensated an extra $2,4, or 8 dollars (depending on the type of car) because you're being paid a flat hourly rate of $15,17,or 20 dollars

Captain's Row seats, I think they are called. More convenient to get to the 3rd row than a bench.

I wrote a post where I said VIA pays very well in rush hours ($35 to $55 per hour, 10% commission) and I drive VIA in rush hours unless I get an appointment that's going to pay that rate with less driving. If I do all 5 rush hours, I can get $175 to $200. VIA income really helped me when I was new with a vehicle and other drivers were complaining business was slow.

In non rush hours, I turn off VIA, rest, then look at how I can otherwise maximize my income.

To each his own, but VIA is light years ahead of UberPool. All pickups are on Street corners, everyone really is going the same way, so very few complaints and 95% of VIA passengers are professionals so passengers are either quiet or chatting happily.

Will I do it full time? No, but at least VIA recognizes that drivers have other income streams and still pays well in rush hours even when business drops off.
those Via rates are for 2 hours, 7am - 9am, with evening rush being much less
Depending on what company you drive for, a one way trip to LGA airport is at least $35 net. With Via, you're no way close to that amount

If you were paid accurately for the distances you traveled in Via, then you would be making much more

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Guys...
Hustle hard, get an Escalade Platinum or a Suburban, build a clientele and say goodbye to ridesharing.
I won't knock ride sharing because it gets you going and you can make some money, but as time goes on, only doing ride sharing makes one a high-tech g y p s y cab driver.

As the driver in San Francisco told Travis Kalanick, when Uber started, it was charging limo company rates, and expensive cars were justified by higher net incomes. Nowadays, Uber is proud to be cheaper than a taxi.

Profit is made on long, high-priced fares. Look how many people are complaining about their net after going out of town. Get your own list of people who will call you and charge them reasonable but not super cheap fares and be ready to justify those fares.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I won't knock ride sharing because it gets you going and you can make some money, but as time goes on, only doing ride sharing makes one a high-tech g y p s y cab driver.
As expected, you're the first to miss my point entirely... and as far as being a "Hi-Tech Gipsy Cab", speak for your end in Jersey. US, east of the river, roll legit so it wouldn't apply to us in any way. Again, in Leymen terms:
"IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THIS, FOR A LONG TOME, HUSTLE HARD, GET THE VEHICLE THAT WILL GET YOU THE HIGH-PAYING CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS AND JUST RIDE THAT WAVE."

Now, in your market, having all them municipalities against you?! You'll work for fines and lawyers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts