Uber Drivers Forum banner

DO you pay for liability and collision? or only liability ?

• I own a 2014+ vehicle with insurance liability ONLY

• I own a 2014+ vehicle with insurance liability AND comprehensive insurance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am financing a 2016 acura MDX. right now my monthly payments are great because acura gives you a unbeatable APR when u get your second loan. I'm paying 300+ for liability and almost 400+ to Kingstone for comprehensive insurance :mad:.

In my opinion I think is best If I pay 400 to my car principal every month instead of paying soo much for "comprehensive insurance" with a 1k deductible (ridiculous). I know a few drivers that are doing this, the question is how many drivers are doing this.

(some banks will never know that you only have liability on your car)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
our new york market is the best of all, but the cost to work here is ridiculous. BTW I pay so much because I had my license suspended once over some stupid ticket that I never received in the mail.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I pay full coverage.
My first year I went to work just to find out some drunk drove through two of my doors and front fender. My car was parked, no cameras around. Having full coverage helped.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I pay full coverage.
My first year I went to work just to find out some drunk drove through two of my doors and front fender. My car was parked, no cameras around. Having full coverage helped.
You still paid $1k deductible right? Did it affect your insurance rate?

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
I dropped full coverage for my Camry about 6 months ago. Had it for 2 years. I am taking a chance if there is a lot of damage. The car is paid for.
If you are financing, keep full coverage. There are some companies that charge less for full coverage. Shop around.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Driving around a $35K car 12 hours daily without full coverage ... that's your judgement call. I won't be able to get myself to do that for any car over $10K, especially if it is still financed.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
I am financing a 2016 acura MDX. right now my monthly payments are great because acura gives you a unbeatable APR when u get your second loan. I'm paying 300+ for liability and almost 400+ to Kingstone for comprehensive insurance :mad:.

In my opinion I think is best If I pay 400 to my car principal every month instead of paying soo much for "comprehensive insurance" with a 1k deductible (ridiculous). I know a few drivers that are doing this, the question is how many drivers are doing this.

(some banks will never know that you only have liability on your car)
Remove full coverage. Bank won't know

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pay full coverage.
Something similar happened to me with geico and my rate went up $80 for almost a year . According to insurance it was my responsability to "protect the vehicle" + $500 deductible to fix my car ....

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Something similar happened to me with geico and my rate went up $80 for almost a year . According to insurance it was my responsability to "protect the vehicle" + $500 deductible to fix my car ....
Some insurance companies want you wrap your car with bubble wrap if you park it in the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts