Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of changing my car which would involve trading in the old one

would I be able to transfer the insurance over and pay the difference or they would make me cancel and get new policy with the whole deposit BS?
Also my current car has to be inspected to renew TLC by June 15 , will the plate transfer and inspection be faster than totally new TLC car with new plates? I just renewed inspection so probably screwed on that one .

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can transfer insurance, plates, tlc diamond to your new car.
Obviously there is a fee with all these, but better than starting from scratch.
FuberNYC made a guide to transfer on this forum. Very informative and detailed , look it up.
What car are you planning to get?
2016 infinit QX60

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Gas prices are going up and you are getting a qx60, soon we will see more qx60s than camrys.
The QX60 is the new Camry. Most of them are doing pool and X, idk but if I was a passenger and specifically requested an SUV, and the car I get is a QX60. I'd be supper tight lol.

If you really want to make a mistake and buy an "SUV" for Uber, why not get a real SUV like a suburban or GMC. They're practically almost the same price, if you want to go cheap buy a
2013-14 suburban. I've seen some of those go for 17k,

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Get an older suburban, Yukon or escalade. It won't have the QX60 soccer mom image and parts are cheaper on the GM trio because they use old school frames & pushrod engines. Also they are based on the GM pickup truck frames which makes them durable for NYC use.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Im thinking of changing my car which would involve trading in the old one

would I be able to transfer the insurance over and pay the difference or they would make me cancel and get new policy with the whole deposit BS?
Also my current car has to be inspected to renew TLC by June 15 , will the plate transfer and inspection be faster than totally new TLC car with new plates? I just renewed inspection so probably screwed on that one .
You can transfer insurance, plates, tlc diamond to your new car.
Obviously there is a fee with all these, but better than starting from scratch.
FuberNYC made a guide to transfer on this forum. Very informative and detailed , look it up.
What car are you planning to get?
https://uberpeople.net/threads/plate-transfer-guide.162647/

The QX60 is the new Camry. Most of them are doing pool and X, idk but if I was a passenger and specifically requested an SUV, and the car I get is a QX60. I'd be supper tight lol.

If you really want to make a mistake and buy an "SUV" for Uber, why not get a real SUV like a suburban or GMC. They're practically almost the same price, if you want to go cheap buy a
2013-14 suburban. I've seen some of those go for 17k,
I am also flirting with the idea of upgrading to black, been searching for a nice deal on Suburbans but couldn't find anything that was black on black, below 80k miles, 2012-2013 for under 20k.
That's the best deal I've found today https://www.carsdirect.com/used_car...stings&savedVehicleId=&recentSearchId=7405826

·
Registered
261 Posts
https://uberpeople.net/threads/plate-transfer-guide.162647/

I am also flirting with the idea of upgrading to black, been searching for a nice deal on Suburbans but couldn't find anything that was black on black, below 80k miles, 2012-2013 for under 20k.
That's the best deal I've found today https://www.carsdirect.com/used_car...stings&savedVehicleId=&recentSearchId=7405826
no offense bro but that's not a good deal at all..talk to some people you know that have been in this industry for a while and you will find a good deal..for ex old drivers,mechanics and insurance brokers...I met a guy who wanted 16 cash for his 2014 suburban mint at a tire shop but i didn't care than miles were low too..

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
no offense bro but that's not a good deal at all..talk to some people you know that have been in this industry for a while and you will find a good deal..for ex old drivers,mechanics and insurance brokers...I met a guy who wanted 16 cash for his 2014 suburban mint at a tire shop but i didn't care than miles were low too..
I've never said it was a good deal, I'd not pay that much for that car anyways...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts