Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive 4 door Civic. I think the total weight my car can support is 700-800 lbs. How many passengers are allowed to get into my car w/ the UberX classification?

Separate question, if I see 3 people that want to get into my car and they weigh 300 lbs each, and I reject them, am I liable in a discrimination case? Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
1. Uber classifies according to seatbelts. If Honda made your car to carry four plus driver, it can be UberX.

2. Wait until that happens to worry about it!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I drive 4 door Civic. I think the total weight my car can support is 700-800 lbs. How many passengers are allowed to get into my car w/ the UberX classification?

Separate question, if I see 3 people that want to get into my car and they weigh 300 lbs each, and I reject them, am I liable in a discrimination case? Thanks
Just be sure your reason is based on "the safety of my passengers" and "an overloaded car is an unsafe car" concept. No different if you see five 100 lb people wanting to get in a car build for 4 passengers. They may fit but... Not sure if its a law that the passenger count cannot exceed the seat belt count but it is definitely a safety issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts