Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just signed up with UberEats, I've been an UberX driver since pretty much when Uber first came to my city back in 2013. So, all I want to know is that, can I opt out of accepting Eats orders when I want to? I"m just doing this during the Coronavirus, since X biz is slower, and I'm thinking deliveries are going to be better, given that many restaurants are limiting the number of customers, and many are closing altogether. Any feedback on any aspect of this is appreciated.

· Premium Member
2,780 Posts
UE has been fairly steady today but it depends where you are at. Today there were huge gaps during lunch but doordash filled those, if X and/or lyft is slow I think those drivers who usually turn there nose up at eats start doing deliveries thus making it appear not as busy when actually it is , but I dunno I'm just going based on what I think.

· Premium Member
75,182 Posts
Waiting for them to shut stores down.

Phone in or online orders.

Pickup outside only.

This is actually turning out Worse
Than i had thought it would.

A lot quicker spread too.

It doesnt seem to " go away" in warm weather like the flu.
Drum Musical instrument Human Font Music

· Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Have fun sitting in a McDs drive through for a half hour and $3.25.
I'm also an experienced Xer but contemplating Eats (in Chicago) for the first time tomorrow. You raise what seems like a legitimate concern. How much does Eats pay the driver for time on the trip, if anything?

A semi-related question: will it make sense to stage at certain restaurants? Or certain areas where there is a high demand for the service?

· Premium Member
210 Posts
Hi,
I just signed up with UberEats, I've been an UberX driver since pretty much when Uber first came to my city back in 2013. So, all I want to know is that, can I opt out of accepting Eats orders when I want to? I"m just doing this during the Coronavirus, since X biz is slower, and I'm thinking deliveries are going to be better, given that many restaurants are limiting the number of customers, and many are closing altogether. Any feedback on any aspect of this is appreciated.
Not sure if you can completely opt back out. But you can just switch off the option in your app.

· Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I'm also an experienced Xer but contemplating Eats (in Chicago) for the first time tomorrow. You raise what seems like a legitimate concern. How much does Eats pay the driver for time on the trip, if anything?

A semi-related question: will it make sense to stage at certain restaurants? Or certain areas where there is a high demand for the service?
If you do eats you might as well remove that time and distance calculation out of your head! It's based upon essentially what the computer deems appropriate , I think it factors in traffic time of day etc but the amounts change incredibly , just know if it's more than $5 you probably won't want to do it. UE you are banking on tips not time and distance (at least in my market) hope that helps.

· Premium Member
551 Posts

If there's any additional wait time above the pre determined payout it's pennies. Yes there are areas where the chances of getting more orders are (near busy restaurants), but that's where everyone else is going to be sitting.

· Premium Member
3,458 Posts
just know if it's more than $5 you probably won't want to do it.
Do you mean if it's less than $5 you don't want to do it?

Does Trip Duration not work with Eats?

I did 2 Eats trips just now to try it out. It was absolutely horrible. Delivery time on trip 1 was 16 minutes. On trip 2 it was 22 minutes. Wasn't paid anything extra for either. Neither customer tipped. Grossed $12 in 2 hours and 35 miles including driving back home empty. Total waste of time.

· Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Do you mean if it's less than $5 you don't want to do it?

Does Trip Duration not work with Eats?

I did 2 Eats trips just now to try it out. It was absolutely horrible. Delivery time on trip 1 was 16 minutes. On trip 2 it was 22 minutes. Wasn't paid anything extra for either. Neither customer tipped. Grossed $12 in 2 hours and 35 miles including driving back home empty. Total waste of time.
No , more than $5 you are usually looking at 6 plus miles/ 20 plus minute drive to the customer and usually they don't tip or if they do it's something like $1-$2 just going based on my experience here. I've risked it on large orders when I accidentally accepted and decided not to cancel, a few times and it paid off due to a very large tip but I've been burned on a couple. I only accept $3/$4 and stick to a tight area I know generally tips decent.

· Registered
103 Posts
Hi,
How can yoiu make money money with Uber eats? I hope you are and can though one night I think I was at Smash burger the Uber eats guy waited at least 10 min while they cooked the food. Pl;us it was at the mall so parking was a issue. Then he had to get back to his car and drive to the customer. What could that of paid best and worst?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.