Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Guys
I am new with Uber. I've bought a 2011 Jag XJL fully loaded a lot of extras including rear seat entertaiment massage seats etc. and after a while, I've decided to get my Pco license and try to do Uber Exec. Uber said that if I want to receive executive jobs I need to have 1000 Uber X trips completed and a rating of minimum 8.5. I have read different threads and some people were saying that Exec drivers are registered with other companies and they do Uber part time to fill in the gaps. Can anyone explain to me how working for other companies and get exec jobs works and also recommend me some companies in London that can give me Exec or luxury jobs? I don't think is worth doing Uber X jobs with my vehicle and to complete 1000 trips and be 100% sure that I'll have the 8.5 rating si quite impossible.What other option do I have? A friend of mine has a 2011 A8 and he is with Uber X as well. Same story for him. Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Ha
Hi, Guys
I am new with Uber. I've bought a 2011 Jag XJL fully loaded a lot of extras including rear seat entertaiment massage seats etc. and after a while, I've decided to get my Pco license and try to do Uber Exec. Uber said that if I want to receive executive jobs I need to have 1000 Uber X trips completed and a rating of minimum 8.5. I have read different threads and some people were saying that Exec drivers are registered with other companies and they do Uber part time to fill in the gaps. Can anyone explain to me how working for other companies and get exec jobs works and also recommend me some companies in London that can give me Exec or luxury jobs? I don't think is worth doing Uber X jobs with my vehicle and to complete 1000 trips and be 100% sure that I'll have the 8.5 rating si quite impossible.What other option do I have? A friend of mine has a 2011 A8 and he is with Uber X as well. Same story for him. Cheers
ve you had a quote for h&r insurance?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I guess the response your looking for is "you are a fool"! Who gives a crap about your extras? Fully loaded, rear entertainment, massage...lol are you mad? You know PCO stands for public carriage office, theres a hint in that. You pick random public off the street! Fully loaded...lmao. You only invest in a car like that if you have regular high end private clients, whom you know well & they know you. Good luck holding back those tears with that fully loaded car.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Hi, Guys
Ur car already being 2011 will not b good for Exec as limit is 5 yrs of age!!!!

And rating...., u mean 4.85!?!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Hi, Guys
You will not make any money with that car on Uber Exec rates.

On UberX rates you are paying to work.

Even the reduced UberLux rates are about as low as you want to go.

Has it been TFL Registered before?

As the limit is 5 years for first PHV Lic. If it has been a PHV before and has a lot of miles then it will cost a fortune to repair, and it will need repairs, and DPF Regens as they don't Regen below a certain speed (I think it's about 35 mph) so the orange light will come on a couple of times a week in town. If you don't take it for a run and the redmlight comes on then you will need some form of Diagnostics to get it to Regen.

Have you any idea how expensive that car is to run for work?

Set of half decent tyres is £800 on 19" wheels.

Your car is pretty old for Chauffeur work unless you have a track record which you don't appear to have.

Might be an idea to join the rest of the drivers outside various establishments in the West End working of the door.

Though those kind of places tend to want drivers that don't require SatNav. Do you fit into that category?

Or get a Prius.

By even attempting to use that car on X is crazy.

And if it hasn't had its inlet manifold replaced yet then it is likely to split soon as most 2011 3.0 tdv6) cars where affected (Jag and Land Rover/Range Rover) the cost is £3000 at Jag.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Hi, Guys
Uber should have told you that your Long Wheelbase car isn't even accepted on the UberX platform!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
What other option do I have? A friend of mine has a 2011 A8 and he is with Uber X as well. Same story for him. Cheers
I can only suggest that you get a small operator's licence (and maybe get together with your friend with the Audi A8, as it allows two vehicles), and look at taking bookings yourselves and setting up on your own, with your own clients.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
£1.25 PER mile on a Jag. 3 Litre ?

Sell it ASAP. Not enough Exec work for a 3 litre Jag.

Buy a Prius 0.20ppm running cost.

Btw, No TRUE exec firm will take you without Tests etc. Here is a typical question below;

"You have a VIP collection at 18:45 from "Restaurant Gordon Ramsay" and they'll be going to the Gielgud Theatre. What route do you take if Piccadilly is closed?"

You can't use Satnav btw.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Does he even know where restaurant Gordon Ramsay is to start with ? Ask that before u give him a route and u have given him a very easy route no satnav but with some pre planing anyone should be able to do that

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess the response your looking for is "you are a fool"! Who gives a crap about your extras? Fully loaded, rear entertainment, massage...lol are you mad? You know PCO stands for public carriage office, theres a hint in that. You pick random public off the street! Fully loaded...lmao. You only invest in a car like that if you have regular high end private clients, whom you know well & they know you. Good luck holding back those tears with that fully loaded car.
Thank you for your compliment. I'm not mad my friend.I bought the vehicle 2 years ago because I loved it and I was not intending to do taxi. In the past year I was
free most of the days and I've decided to register as a PCO and fill up my time. Not everyone is living from ph driving.Some of us are doing it part time as an extra earning.
So there was your answer about my foolishness.You see..the reason that I've mentioned about the extras was to evidantiate my frustration about Uber's car selection criteria. They put a Prius in the same category as the XJ.I was trying to find and advice here from decent people because I am new in this branch and I don't know much about it.I think that even if you chat with the stupidest person in earth you don't have to be rude. And yes I am struggling to hold back my tears cuz limited people like you are still living among us.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts