Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Bicycle
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been known for happening every summer but what I want to ask is when do you notice this summer slow-down starting to end? Like the end of July?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
No slowdown here. Customers just expect you to deliver for free and maybe give them a tip.

My area is the opposite - nuts in the Summer, dead the rest of the year.

But it’s not a good type of crazy. I don’t get why people don’t realize WHY no one’s picking up their “I always tip in cash! Leave it at the door, don’t knock or ring bell!” orders.

I could have been driving non-stop today if I found 10 miles for $4.35 acceptable.

·
Registered
Bicycle
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a different thread in UP, someone mentioned about pizza delivery slowing down during summer and I agree because I used to work at Papa John's years ago and experienced the same thing

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
On a different thread in UP, someone mentioned about pizza delivery slowing down during summer and I agree because I used to work at Papa John's years ago and experienced the same thing
I did pizza delivery for 26 years. It seemed to slow down in the summer and pick up early in October once the holidays started getting close. When school started, it was even slower. There were times when I was lucky to go home with $30 in tips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Cocoa Beach area. It's major tourist area between cruise ships, beach goers, people visiting the space center. It's like this all year long for me. People are already Russ vacationing here. I'm hammered every day.

The main issue is the big restaurants aren't on the beach. They are in Merritt Island. About 10+ miles from the majority of hotels. And when Uber is only offering $10 for a delivery you have to hope those tourists are nice enough to realize you need thier tip to make that trip worth your time and gas.

Going that extra mile for them by asking them, "hey, do you need any condiments, plasticware, etc?" This helps get those tips. I've been given $30 cash before just because I made sure to ask those questions. The lady forgot BBQ sauce.

Anyway, I think it depends on where you are at that depends on "slow down"

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I know this has been known for happening every summer but what I want to ask is when do you notice this summer slow-down starting to end? Like the end of July?
I have also heard about the slow down at the beginning of the nice weather. It makes sense. People barbeque for the first few weeks of good weather and don't order in as much. However I believe this year we are seeing the impacts of an uncertain economy. Rising inflation, rising prices, people have less funds on average and are ordering less. More orders for smaller amounds and poorer tips. I believe it is going to be a bad summer and be bad for longer. Some areas where people continue to get paid regardless of the economy; government worker areas etc may not be as impacted but on average I expect a slowdown.

·
Registered
Bicycle
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have also heard about the slow down at the beginning of the nice weather. It makes sense. People barbeque for the first few weeks of good weather and don't order in as much. However I believe this year we are seeing the impacts of an uncertain economy. Rising inflation, rising prices, people have less funds on average and are ordering less. More orders for smaller amounds and poorer tips. I believe it is going to be a bad summer and be bad for longer. Some areas where people continue to get paid regardless of the economy; government worker areas etc may not be as impacted but on average I expect a slowdown.
its only friday morning but in general, ive seeing so many non tip orders. still receiving an ok amount of pings but looks like i might just stick with dinner friday/weekends

1 - 13 of 13 Posts