Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told by Uber and Lyft that I have six months to get the State and County business licenses. But I have a funny feeling if the cops ask to see my business licenses, they won't accept "Hey I still have 3 months to go." as an excuse to not having my business licenses.

I have my state business license and I have paid for the county business license but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Should I wait to start driving rideshare until I have the county business license in my hand? Or was Uber and Lyft right about the whole "You have six months to get your business licenses." thing?

I'm a bit paranoid and I don't want to be popped by the coppers on my first or second day.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been told by Uber and Lyft that I have six months to get the State and County business licenses. But I have a funny feeling if the cops ask to see my business licenses, they won't accept "Hey I still have 3 months to go." as an excuse to not having my business licenses.

I have my state business license and I have paid for the county business license but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Should I wait to start driving rideshare until I have the county business license in my hand? Or was Uber and Lyft right about the whole "You have six months to get your business licenses." thing?

I'm a bit paranoid and I don't want to be popped by the coppers on my first or second day.

What do you all think?
Don't worry about County business license I'm not sure they're going to mail you ever you have to go down to downtown in the courthouse and pick for yourself

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The receipt said I can expect it to arrive in the mail in about 3 business days. I'm just starting to itch to start driving. LOL.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just go drive brother start from your home and go to airport learn how to go to pick up drop off and staging that your homework for today

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Lyft already deactivated me for not submitting a state business license. Uber gave me until September next year. Not sure why, I signed up for both on the same day. Nobody cares about the county license.. Yet.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Buy them online, print out the document (pdf) and your good to go, takes five minutes, keep it simple

·
Registered
400 Posts

What do you all think?
You won't have any problems just drive. I was driving a year and a half before I bothered with the business license

·
Registered
169 Posts
First off I’m never getting a county license. Uber doesn’t even ask for it. Second, cops can’t and don’t enforce state business license. That is between uber and TSA. TSA is holding Uber’s feet to the fire to make sure drivers show proof they have the state license by a certain date or get deactivated. TSA could ask you for it at the airport but they won’t. Way to busy with security issues to be quizzing uber drivers. Had this conversation with a woman at the business license office. She said verbatim it was up to uber to enforce it. So put the state license in your glove box and forget about it and fuber on...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
First off I'm never getting a county license. Uber doesn't even ask for it. Second, cops can't and don't enforce state business license. That is between uber and TSA. TSA is holding Uber's feet to the fire to make sure drivers show proof they have the state license by a certain date or get deactivated. TSA could ask you for it at the airport but they won't. Way to busy with security issues to be quizzing uber drivers. Had this conversation with a woman at the business license office. She said verbatim it was up to uber to enforce it. So put the state license in your glove box and forget about it and fuber on...
TSA? They don't roam the airport pick up, state license, just screen shot your receipt or log in to tour account, it will be there for 45 days. County license, they can go F themselves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a quick update, I received my Clark County Business License in the mail on Thursday. I decided to start driving on Wednesday night and I've been doing it since. Thanks for all the responses.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts

What do you all think?
when you are ready to get state business license make sure you go there in person and get it done and walk out of there with your state business license in your hand. If you don't have state business license you can't go online and work for uber. I don't have county business license....if I want it I can go get it for $25 bucks it used to be $50.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts