Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
Summer slow down, more drivers coming on to the platforms with inflation and recession talks all bad news. 👎 TGIF smh...
And yet, somehow like cats, we still manage to land with our feet under us. Why, because we are survivors! My plan is to only drive when it pays this summer and not try to push square pegs through round holes. $4.20 gas is keeping me disciplined in my 18MPG minivan.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And yet, somehow like cats, we still manage to land with our feet under us. Why, because we are survivors! My plan is to only drive when it pays this summer and not try to push square pegs through round holes. $4.20 gas is keeping me disciplined in my 18MPG minivan.
I hear ya on that. Olof gas gets to 5 a gallon I might hold off on driving till gas comes down.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Summer slow down, more drivers coming on to the platforms with inflation and recession talks all bad news. 👎 TGIF smh...
Eh. Maybe we spoke too soon. I haven’t driven in almost two weeks, but I was shocked to see $13 surges in Durham earlier today. Thats way more than I remember at this time of the year. The surge was begging for us to sign on bro. Lol.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Eh. Maybe we spoke too soon. I haven’t driven in almost two weeks, but I was shocked to see $13 surges in Durham earlier today. Thats way more than I remember at this time of the year. The surge was begging for us to sign on bro. Lol.
Did you get the 13 surge? Because they been faking them and making higher to get drivers going.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Because the company, Uber, has not controlled costs relative to net income, the short-term plan is to greatly reduce incentives, promotions of all kinds, including for new drivers.

That's okay IF
they add a variable charge that reflects the spiking cost of gasoline. The public understands this and will pay it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts